milduG
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello guys, so i tried to charge my phone but my rog2 don't want to use Hypercharge, i dont use the own rog2 cable, i bought one from Amazon and this cable was doing Hypercharge until today. I only charge now in ++. Can someone help me with this problem ? It is software update or not. I have the latest version 17.0240.210590.

Thanks for you help
8 REPLIES 8

milduG
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173264#Comment_173264

OK, I get you. You want hypercharge but you are getting fast charging.

I can confirm it isn't software because mine is showing hypercharge.

What you can try is turning off your phone or in safe mode and see if it charges in hypercharge. If it does, probably worth doing factory reset. If not, then you would need to try another cable (I won't think its the charger itself).

screenshot-20210623-211547291.jpg

View post
Hello, i try in safe mode but it is the same. Only "fast charge", i will try tomorrow another cable to see if the Hypercharge work. Thank you for you help.
screenshot-20210623-223721.jpg

milduG
Star I
Hello, i tried with my original rog phone 2 cable and it id the same only "fast charge" with ++ in normal mode but also in safe mode.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
milduG

Hello, i tried with my original rog phone 2 cable and it id the same only "fast charge" with ++ in normal mode but also in safe mode.

View post
Turn off Battery Care if you have it on.
Have you tried both ports with original charger and cable?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
milduG

View post
The answer is as simple as you having two defect USB cables. There are 24 thin wires in a USB C cable that easily break unless you buy a premium cable. Sometimes it's possible to get hyper charging on one side but not the other so try flipping both of your cables but either way, you should get a new one.