cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Freezes, Restarted and now stuck in Bootloop

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 Ultimate Edition ( 1 TB )
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 2
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact Latest Version
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I've updated the game "Genshin Impact" before updating that phone was working well.
Then once it got updated the phone freezes then I tried to do a hard power off by holding the power button for 10 to 15 seconds. But it didn't turn off right away so I tried to hold it again and it turned off.

While I was waiting for my phone to restart the phone boot looped. I tried to go to recovery mode and wiped the data and it seems it didn't find any file.

Can you please help why did this occur. Been taking care of this phone a lot. and it will be it's 3rd year this coming months.

215901747-1275064199617591-6161490603764502174-n.jpg
220182205-547613676381198-7771522730546316853-n.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Ralph Christian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177483#Comment_177483

is the device tampered? can you indicate on the screenshot what made it tampered. I'm confused cause I bought this on release day in the Philippines way back December 2019. and it's the official ROG Store there.

View post
Either way, you will still need to go to service centre.
They will be able to check your serial number to see if anything has changed.
Not sure how you got this issue though. The other way I can think of is you had an update happening in the background to the phone but you are already on .90 by the looks of it. Hard to tell at the moment.

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Got it thanks buddy.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177514#Comment_177514

Either way, you will still need to go to service centre.

They will be able to check your serial number to see if anything has changed.

Not sure how you got this issue though. The other way I can think of is you had an update happening in the background to the phone but you are already on .90 by the looks of it. Hard to tell at the moment.

View post
2 possible causes:
1.) Storage is dead (extremely rare)
2.) Filesystem got corrupted, which does happen. In his case, especially after mentioning hard resetting his phone while an update got installed it's not unlikely that he simply broke the filesystem. Normally you'd fix that with some scripts via TWRP, however I'm concerned about the fact that the phone froze, which we all know, might be caused by a dying PM8150 chip, not saying it's 100% the IC, could very well be some OS problem, hence it's better not to void warranty just in case.

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177515#Comment_177515

2 possible causes:

1.) Storage is dead (extremely rare)

2.) Filesystem got corrupted, which does happen. In his case, especially after mentioning hard resetting his phone while an update got installed it's not unlikely that he simply broke the filesystem. Normally you'd fix that with some scripts via TWRP, however I'm concerned about the fact that the phone froze, which we all know, might be caused by a dying PM8150 chip, not saying it's 100% the IC, could very well be some OS problem, hence it's better not to void warranty just in case.

View post
I only have 1 year warranty though. As I bought this way back November 2019 as a Pre order bundled with Kunai But do they replace the hardware chips for free? let me know the price if you've experienced this same scenario.

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Btw I can't distinguish if the phone is charging or not cause there is a green icon charging but nothing moves at all.