This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone showed CHARGING PORT TEMPERATURE ABNORMALITIES REMINDER

q_borbon6
Star I
My phone showed CHARGING PORT TEMPERATURE ABNORMALITIES REMINDER while plugged butnit wasnt charging.
Im nervous and I don't know what to do.
This is an old model but it's still good so I want it to get fixed.
Can anyone help me?
7 REPLIES 7

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Are you still experiencing this issue? Does the warning remain after restarting the phone?

jay_kunwar66
Star III
I was facing same issue
Now after last update my charging port heated up and almost burnt my charging port 😭😭😭
And I'm not the only one with charging post issues
This phone has some serious issue but asus doesn't care about
I have done a great mistake

Sanku_Murmu
Star I
its the hardware problem and many of ROG 2 users are facing same issue including me, currently using side port for charging.
attaching my thread link, check the details and screenshot.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/28148/charging-port-heating/p1?new=1

Ramses
Star II
Hello! any update for this issue? I got the reminder just today 😞 Already restarted my phone same issue... also tried charging while turned off, it was charging but after few seconds I checked the tip of the charging cord it is REALLY hot! But LUCKILY it's only the button charge port... It hasn't been a year since I got my phone and already having issues like charging and now this 😞 I don't use my phone while charging btw and sometimes turn it off while charging.
Is it hardware problem? or from the updates? (which i suspect) Man, I take care of my phone very carefully since this one is expensive. If this is a hardware problem I might pay for something I didn't broke! 😞
I will stop charging it for now and have it check. Might damage something if i continue to use the phone 😞
Gustav_ASUS

Are you still experiencing this issue? Does the warning remain after restarting the phone?

View post