As many people as there are there will be a difference of opinion. I've read your post with great interest as I am also coming from Samsung world and before that from Apple world. And my experience is quite different. I need to emphasize that I don't have the Note 10+, but I have tested it extensively and I didn't like it. For me the best was Note 9, a phone that had it all, just lacks in the latest CPU and GPU.
Also I am a passionate photographer and audiophile.
I will follow your numbering.
1. Absolutely agree. I would put the power button above the volume buttons like Samsung has. Too many accidental pressures.
2. I play only Asphalt 9 and my triggers work perfectly. Sensitivity is set to 3. Many PUBG players complain on the right trigger. But in Asphalt 9 they work perfectly. At least on my phone as it looks like there might be a hardware. issue. If I play long time In switch between touching screen and triggers to relax my muscles. No issues. At least not in my phone.
3. Completely disagree from the point of view of the passionate Nikon photographer. Samsung photos are stunning on the first sight. But colours are overprocessed, bumped up, way too artificial and at least on my phone sharpness was way lower than on Rog 2. I particularly like the 48 mpx mode because of sharpness. Everything else can be tweaked. You can see some of my pictures shared here. They are intentionally out of camera and if processed a little only in the Asus app. But of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder so completely subjective. My 2nd most favourite mode is portrait, because of the bokeh management and sharpness in the center.
4. Agree. It would be nice to have zoom in the 48 mpx ⁴mode, but without switching to 12 mpx mode.
5. Disagree, but the again I don't play PUBG. I was testing extensively different resolutions on Note and at the end my screen was set to one level higher of Full HD. I couldn't see the benefit of max resolution and it was reducing battery life. On a screen this size (6,5") I see this crazy resolution as marketing gimmick with no real advantage. Except with Oculus AR headset where resolution would be better even higher. I see the Rog 2 resolution adequate. I also prefer more natural colours of Rog 2 or iPhone and find Samsung colours to much bumped up and saturated. But I love the brightness of Samsung which blows anything else out.
6) I don't have this problem and 3.5 mm jack on Aeroactive cooler works perfectly. But again I don't play PUBG. A lot of these problems (sound, triggers, lag,...) seem to be related with PUBG and COD.
7. Speakers are just perfect for me. They are front facing and that changes everything. If you are into hifi you know that direction of the speakers counts a lot. Rog 2 is just perfect.
I don't like Note 10 particularly because it's all screen. Anyway I hold it parts of my fingers or palm cover edges of the screen. The only way to see the full picture is to put the phone on the table. Playing in landscape mode there is always something covered. And then there is a camera hole. I see this as form over function. I consider Note 9 as the best Samsung ever and I see Rog 2 as the best of all in this department. Small bezels, no hole, natural, accurate colours. Only brightness could be better on both ends, high and low.
The only portable device with better sound that I have heard is Pono music player that has a balanced audio out. I didn't hear LG which is supposed to be the best phone for audiophiles. But Pono does nothing else and is bulky. Rog 2 does great sound (for a phone) and everything else. If you find it too loud or annoying, just set the volume to minimum.
It would be nice that the phone was waterproof, but Asus said clearly that it's not, so I act accordingly. Besides it's not really that sensitive. I do a lot of road cycling and the phone stays in the pocket on the back of my jersey. The jersey is soaked in sweat and the phone is just fine. Much more important is that I don't have to worry about battery life during long cycling hours.
8. Fully agree. Vibration in Asphalt is annoying. But you can turn it off in game settings and I did it after the first run (inside the app not Armoury Crate).
So that's it. Just a different view on same products. One thing which I miss a lot is the S-pen. Now I use Bamboo pen but it's bulky and not stored in the phone. We just can't have everything.