Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade firmware

yzlisme
Star II
ROG phone 2
Firmware Version: WW_16.0631.1910.35_0
Rooted or not: No
Recently replace motherboard. Used firmware from ROG phone 2 website, tried every WW version from android 9 oldest available to latest available. Whenever restart and prompted to update, click it and it shows "System Update Failed" without any extra explanation. Here's my fingerprint, both bootimage and vendor both WW. Anyone can help?
screenshot-20210910-154055599-281-29.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

yzlisme
Star II
@ARP_ASUS Hi, can I request your help on this? Maybe logging my phone or have other way to upgrade the phone.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
yzlisme

@ARP_ASUS Hi, can I request your help on this? Maybe logging my phone or have other way to upgrade the phone.

View post
Have you tried upgrading one version at a time?
The above screenshots makes it look like the phone has been tampered with i.e. rooted because if I compare against my phone, I don't get the same.

yzlisme
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185520#Comment_185520

Have you tried upgrading one version at a time?

The above screenshots makes it look like the phone has been tampered with i.e. rooted because if I compare against my phone, I don't get the same.

View post
@ronald1985 Yes I tried upgrade to next version of .35 doesn't work. And no my phone is not rooted, you mentioned comparison don't get the same but what exactly is different? Can you posted a screenshot of yours?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
yzlisme

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185573#Comment_185573

@ronald1985 Yes I tried upgrade to next version of .35 doesn't work. And no my phone is not rooted, you mentioned comparison don't get the same but what exactly is different? Can you posted a screenshot of yours?

View post
Well I can't find the above screen anywhere on the app for example like boot count.