This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Phone 2 won't charge from bottom USB C port unless phone is restarted

krkaran12
Star II
I am unable to charge my phone from bottom USB C port , unless i restart my phone.
Once phone is restarted while connected to charger it detects charging from bottom USB C port.

But if i unplug and plug in again it is not detected
29 REPLIES 29

krkaran12
Star II
What was the software solution that fixed it.Can someone please post a software solution

I have tried reset,downgrade to Android 9 ,and a few other options

ronald1985
Community Legend I
krkaran12

What was the software solution that fixed it.Can someone please post a software solution

I have tried reset,downgrade to Android 9 ,and a few other options

View post

If you have downgraded to A9 and the problem persists, then it would point to hardware where you have a loosen USB C port.
Your best bet is to go to Service Centre to get this checked that out.

krkaran12
Star II
And i say again,if i connect charger and reboot device the charging works fine.
It is definitely not a charging issue but an issue with USB configuration in Kernel.
Being an Android Developer i know the difference between software bug and Hardware issue.
Seems i won't get solution here,i will debug this issue on my own with kernel logs

ronald1985
Community Legend I
krkaran12

And i say again,if i connect charger and reboot device the charging works fine.

It is definitely not a charging issue but an issue with USB configuration in Kernel.

Being an Android Developer i know the difference between software bug and Hardware issue.

Seems i won't get solution here,i will debug this issue on my own with kernel logs

View post
If you know how kernels work, kernel will contact the USB-C port board, which means something is not initialised when you plug in. When you restart, that extra power boost can initialize the hardware from the motherboard. That's why restarting works.
To me, it sounds like the USB-C has either become loosen, a defective USB-C port or a short circuit to the USB port (potentially by having a charger that's plugged in and insert it into USB-C port).
Furthermore, unless your not on the latest firmware, I certainly haven't seen this issue as I use my bottom USB port all the time.

krkaran12
Star II
I have checked all UsB profiles and modules are loaded correctly upon connecting USB C cable.
I am sure this is not an hardware issue but related to new USB priority implementation by Asus.