This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG 2 PHONE SWITCHED ON WITH TOUCH FEEDBACK BUT SCREEN IS BLACKED OUT

huzefakitabi1
Star I
My asus Rog Phone 2 was charged at about 26% and was running smoothly, i kept it aside for a bit and later came back to see that screen had blacked out, since i didnt recall that it was charged , i put it in charge and the red LED started glowing indicating that the phone was being charged.
However the screen was black, initially i did not understand this and attributed it some sort of glitch so tried restarting and rebooting the phone multiple times, i tried the volume up and down buttons and everything but didnt get it to work. What i didnt realize is that the phone was turning on and off and was vibrating with each cycle. Then i called my number from another phone, the phone vibrated i could even receive the call by swiping on the blacked out screen. Everything seems to be working except the screen is blacked out, need help on this urgently as this is my work phone.

2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
huzefakitabi1

My asus Rog Phone 2 was charged at about 26% and was running smoothly, i kept it aside for a bit and later came back to see that screen had blacked out, since i didnt recall that it was charged , i put it in charge and the red LED started glowing indicating that the phone was being charged.

However the screen was black, initially i did not understand this and attributed it some sort of glitch so tried restarting and rebooting the phone multiple times, i tried the volume up and down buttons and everything but didnt get it to work. What i didnt realize is that the phone was turning on and off and was vibrating with each cycle. Then i called my number from another phone, the phone vibrated i could even receive the call by swiping on the blacked out screen. Everything seems to be working except the screen is blacked out, need help on this urgently as this is my work phone.

ASUS ROG 2 PHONE SWITCHED ON WITH TOUCH FEEDBACK BUT SCREEN IS BLACKED OUT
Leave your phone to drain battery to 0%. Leaving it off, charge it to 100%. Without disconnecting the charger, switch on your phone to see if the phone screen is on.
If the above doesn't work or you are in a rush, visiting a service centre is recommended instead.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi huzefakitabi1,
Let me know if the above works. Else, need to share further process.