This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 home gesture

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
12/512gb elite edition rog 2. I recently became accustomed to the Android 10 gesture system in part to buying a oneplus 7t pro and wanting to take full advantage of the bezeless display. Ive switched from the navigation bar to the gestures on my rog 2 and noticed there isn't any way to go your home page on the desktop without having to swip through all the pages. Swiping up from the very bottom only opens the app drawer. Is there any way or work around to navigate directly to the home page from the desktop?

19 REPLIES 19

ronald1985
Community Legend I
OP (@kyleashcraft86) is using "Gesture Navigation" and the "two layer" option stated by @rickymohk .
Unlike "Swipe Up on Home Screen" and classic "Navigation Bar", when you press the middle button, it takes you back to the home screen.
But as OP stated, he has multiple pages for home. Let say if OP is on the third page, a single press of a button or swipe should take back to the first home page AKA home screen. Other navigation but "Gesture Navigation" is doing this.
"Swipe Up on Home Screen" is like "Gesture Navigation" but the difference looks to be the bezzles, which is what OP doesn't wants.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kyleashcraft86

12/512gb elite edition rog 2. I recently became accustomed to the Android 10 gesture system in part to buying a oneplus 7t pro and wanting to take full advantage of the bezeless display. Ive switched from the navigation bar to the gestures on my rog 2 and noticed there isn't any way to go your home page on the desktop without having to swip through all the pages. Swiping up from the very bottom only opens the app drawer. Is there any way or work around to navigate directly to the home page from the desktop?

Android 10 home gesture
Gesture navigation doesn't have this function. In A11 Google even removes the home screen all together so you can't even navigate to it using the navigation bar.
So if you want to use gesture navigation, then you need to forget about having a home screen.

rickymohk
Rising Star I
ROG2 won't get A11 though......

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
rickymohk

ROG2 won't get A11 though......

View post
Yep, they just won't announce it because ROG 5 is a new device. Sneaky as always. Maybe at the end of this year, we'll hear that ROG 2 won't get an A11. The most important thing is we should not let ASUS to deceive us again. I won't get ROG 5 or 6, or any other ASUS device anymore. Hope the community will give to ASUS a lesson.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
rickymohk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165112#Comment_165112

I bet you are using one-layer home page so you don't have an app drawer. OP's problem is about app drawer, which only exists when you use two-layer mode.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/EM217OC2KKVR/2021-05-04-10-01-30.mp4

screenshot-20210504-100105386.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165125#Comment_165125

You don't get the question. OP wants to swipe up to go to first page of home from other pages of home, but it brings up the app drawer. There is nothing to do with the swipe up and hold to view recent apps gesture.

View post
I found a sorta workaround. I got the panels app. It adds what is essentially a app drawer to the left or right side of your phone. The "trigger" (a color bar) supports gestures as long as you have the app or system feature pinned to the main drawer. So I assigned the swipe up on trigger gesture to take me to my home page.