This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After updating ROG phone 2 to the latest update, battery draining very fast and phone is heating up.

Dr_Ram
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2009.47
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Repeated
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NIL
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating phone to the latest Android 10, it is heating up more. Even if the phone is kept idle the temperature is very high. Also "Android system" is draining all the battery if the phone is kept idle.
Everything is fine just 3 days back. this is all happening after the latest update.
zentalk-1.png
zentalk-2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Ram,
A new update can take couple of days to stabilize.
Temperature can fluctuate depending upon the ambient temperature. During Ideal normal process the phone shouldn't heat. 
Try factory reset once.
If it doesn't help I would request you to visit the nearest service center:
Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Ram,
Temperature can fluctuate depending upon the ambient temperature. During Ideal normal process the phone shouldn't heat. 
Try factory reset once.
Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.

bmb8mrb
Star II
I am also getting the exact same issue! It seems the CPU is stuck on 2.96GHz. This is causing the battery to drain and the phone to heat up. I can see in the release notes, there was a "fix" to stop this happening on Pokémon Go. I wonder if this is the cause of this issue?
When will a new software update be released to fix this issue? My battery barely lasts a day now. This is definitely a software issue from the last update.
Tried reset and it's still happening. Screenshot of CPU stuck and battery drain.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi Ram,

Try factory reset once.

View post
What do you mean by stabilize?. im not quite sure why there is that kind of circumstance that needs stabilization. and i dont think you need to go to service center just because of that. we updated to the latest update and this issue pops up so technically it is more of the latest update that cause this issue am i wrong?

Melqui
Zen Master I
bmb8mrb

I am also getting the exact same issue! It seems the CPU is stuck on 2.96GHz. This is causing the battery to drain and the phone to heat up. I can see in the release notes, there was a "fix" to stop this happening on Pokémon Go. I wonder if this is the cause of this issue?

When will a new software update be released to fix this issue? My battery barely lasts a day now. This is definitely a software issue from the last update.

Tried reset and it's still happening. Screenshot of CPU stuck and battery drain.

screenshot-20200925-080858633.png

screenshot-20200925-080816023.png

View post
Same here. Tested with latest Play Store and Play Services beta and no change, bugged. Only solved downgrading firmware to 17.0240.2007.27.