5GHz Wifi no longer functions

jamesbond2285
Star II
Model Name: ZS660KL
Firmware Version: RKQ1.200710.002.WW_Phone-18.0210.2201.215
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System wifi
I woke up 2 days ago to my phone being disconnected from the wifi. so I restarted my phone. No change after a reboot, which is unusual. I restarted my router, no change. I then reset my network settings, with no change. I checked wifi analyzer, and I was unable to see any 5GHz wifi signals, which told me I had a problem, since I live in an apartment and this place is full of 5GHz signals. I'm going to factory reset the phone soon in the hope that that might fix my issues, but if that still doesn't work, what are my options? I can't find the wifi IC for sale anywhere, or a model number or anything useful information wise, and all of the ASUS repair centers are 550+ miles away from me and I'm not sure how comfortable I am with shipping my phone back and forth. The phone is out of warranty as well.
2 REPLIES 2

keren_ASUS
Hi @jamesbond2285
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and I understand how frustrating this can be. However, the only way to solve this is to go through a service center. Please reach out to support through this link:
Official Support | ASUS USAThank you!

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.