This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on ROG 8 has a lower stability and higher latency

opop4444
Star II

I have an ROG 6 and an ROG 8.  On the same wifi network and at the same location, although the ROG8 reports the same signal strength, the latency is greater with less stability and ranges from 60 to 100ms compared to a stable 30ms on the ROG 6.

I have tried restarting by holding the power button and volume down button until the phone restarts, but it does not seem to have helped.  Will there be a fix for this?

14 REPLIES 14

K41N00
Star II

Same problem

tupatatapa
Rising Star I

I have a great WiFi coverage and signal strength of both ranges (2.4GHz and 5 GHz WiFi 6) in my home and I don't have even a single problem on my other devices.

So... The same situation on my ROG Phone 8 Pro 16/512, AI2401_D, WW_34.1420.1420.316 plus the transfer speeds between the phone and my PC in the same network is slow as Hell!

Такая же проблема. Купил рог фон 8 про и wi fi не ловит там где мой poko f4gt брал максимум от вай фая. В пабг мобайл задержку сети, что влияет на игру. Столько денег отдано , что триггеры что вай фай нормально не работают. 

opop4444
Star II

Updated to version WW_34.1420.1420.325:
Wifi signal and latency is a lot more stable compared to the previous version and is actually useable when not directly next to WAP.  Signal strength is comparable to the ROG 6, but latency is roughly 10-20ms higher.

kirancrazy1
Star III

Kindly check the wifi log 

Have got the signal but latency .. the system keeps disconnecting 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11UIXT29SF6Oe0UGEbVV7QTTyO12-bL67/view?usp=drivesdk