This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on ROG 8 has a lower stability and higher latency

opop4444
Star II

I have an ROG 6 and an ROG 8.  On the same wifi network and at the same location, although the ROG8 reports the same signal strength, the latency is greater with less stability and ranges from 60 to 100ms compared to a stable 30ms on the ROG 6.

I have tried restarting by holding the power button and volume down button until the phone restarts, but it does not seem to have helped.  Will there be a fix for this?

14 REPLIES 14

opop4444
Star II

 I will have to update the situation, even after multiple hard reboots, WiFi issue persists with unstable latency.  This behaviour is not seen with the Rog 6 in the same exact location. 

1000042096.jpg

Gtoonm
Rising Star I

I see you tested in WiFi 4 mode, could you do it in WiFi 6 or 7?

Additionally, does this problem affect performance in any noticeable way or is it only seen during your tests?

Unfortunately I do not have WiFi 6 or 7 here. The problem affects loading any internet content and web pages won't load sometimes.  Thanks

Gtoonm
Rising Star I

I would be incline to try this when I get an ROG 8. I'm planning to buy one later this month when it releases in the US. My router is WiFi 6 so I'll be able to test.

Additionally, could you go into settings and try after toggling dual band WiFi?

OR try going into Developer options and play around with the multiple WiFi settings.