This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock bootloader

luckyman0
Star I

where I can find unlock bootloader for Rog 8?

13 REPLIES 13

Yeah that's pretty much it. I think the worst part, or at least the part that makes people mad is that there is no official statement from Asus from any side.

They haven't officially promised the unlock tool will come back

And they haven't officially stated that the phones will no longer be able to be unlocked.

Companies like Samsung in the US, Xiaomi, Oppo and Huawei clearly claimed that the phones will no longer be unlockable. Asus simply haven't said a word.

Yeah, I agree.

They should say something, but that's hardly any reason to act like like they do. People should just get a refund.

Unless they used the tool to root phones and resell them, in that case they deserve not having the bootloader.

I know a guy who was sold a "Global" version that turned out to be useless and without any support, only to later vanish, scammers.

I'm curious about something. I know that for Asus phones once you unlocked the bootloader you stopped receiving updates. I'm assuming it will be the case with the ROG 8 if the unlock tool comes back

My question is, was there a way to update after you unlocked the bootloader? maybe by manually flashing?

Updates will depend on what you do after unlocking bootloader. If you load e/OS/ or other alternate ROM, then that rom will do its own updating. If you are just wanting to root the phone, not sure how you would update.