This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 8 Super Fast Boot Loop Issue

zXenn
Star I

My ROG Phone 8 has suddenly started to boot loop really fast after having it for maybe 6 months. It's turning off, flashing the android logo quickly before showing the ROG logo which stays for about 10-15 seconds then quickly glitches and restarts. It used to randomly restart at random times and be fine, but now it's just non-stop restarting.

When I'm able to get into the recovery mode I barely have time to do anything before it's restarting again. I have been able to turn it off from the recovery mode but that's all it will do.

I've already read about the AT&T/simcard/internet issues that other Asus phones have had and have been patched. I'm in Australia and we don't have AT&T here and I've already tried removing the SIM card tray.  

Is there any way to fix this? Or is my phone just a useless brick now??

I've read that people who have factory reset still have the same problem.

4 REPLIES 4

Mattias_ASUS

Hello @zXenn 
This is not something I have heard or seen, I strongly advice reaching out to your closest ASUS Service Center, this way they can see what could be causing the issue, as a log can't be produced if the phone does not start.
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location/

MMAUCCI
Star I

Hello, exactly the same thing happened to me 4 days ago !!!

Is yours working again? 

I don't have mine anymore as I got it replaced with an S24 Ultra, I figured I was going to lose everything I had on it so decided to just get a different phone. 

Originally only got the ROG 8 as my ROG 3 couldn't make or receive calls because the 3g network I was on got shutdown and the phone doesn't have Volte so had to get the 8, otherwise I'd still be on my 3.

Arifin96
Star I

Hi, i have same problem today. My phone suddenly bootloop after having it 2 month, i'm very sad about this.