This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC issues

DanteDT
Star II

So, last couple of days my ROG Phone 8 Pro has issues with NFC. Tried to pay with the phone's NFC, but the terminal doesn't even pick it up. Nothing appears on my phone as well. Was able to successfully pay once after i turned the NFC off and back on, but only after second try. Bank card is active, bank app is set as the default option for NFC payments, account has enough funds, so this seems a phone issue and a big one. Also, loyalty program app, which also uses NFC, doesn't work. Tested on multiple terminals and in different stores. Has anyone else started to encounter such issue?

2 REPLIES 2

kpetrov
Star III

Yeah, I have this issue as well. I can use google wallet on ATM , but no on pos terminals. When I try to pay something in stores , some of the terminals gives me an error "Use only 1 card" or something like that. I can pay with wallet in Sofia Metro where no authentication needed. I asked asus support couple of times why this happening and send them system log to investigate it, but no answer from them yet. I send a feedback to google about this, but no answer from them as well.

I never have this problem on my old rog 3 device with same settings and debit card.

Sorry for my bad English.

kpetrov
Star III

Asus send me instructions how to create log files , if you want you can send them and yours.

original mail:

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2024 3:55:53 pm
To: k.e.petrov@gmail.com <k.e.petrov@gmail.com>
Subject: ReRe: ReRe: ReRe: <Web>Premium Phone ROG Phone 8; ASUS Service No=E24040001156-0005

Dear Mr. Kaloian Petrov,

Thank you for contacting Asus, my name is Sokratis and I will try my best to assist you with your current situation.

Regarding the described problem, we would kindly like to ask you if possible to forward us a video and the log file of the issue that you are facing when you are using a contactless POS terminal.

We are kindly asking you to follow the instructions below to enable the log tool.

Step. 1 Open the Calculator and type “.19595+=“ to turns on the log tool.

Step. 2 Tap to GENERATE button for the General cases.

Step. 3 The system will return to the desktop after tapping the GENERATE button , press Volume up or down and after this process also prepare a 3rd party recording device and try to duplicate the problem.

Step. 4 After the problem duplication, return to the log tool and tap SHARE, it will start processing the log file.

Step. 5 After the log file builds up, please upload the log file on the web storage or refer to the following document path to deliver the log file.
Internal storage > Android > com.asus.loguploader > files > ASUS > Generated

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.