cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI UNKNOW

fajarbns
Star I

hallo

why my device both imei unknow or empty, i cant use sim card for this phone.

please help me to fix it

1 REPLY 1

halesmin
Star I

@fajarbns wrote:

hallo

why my device both imei unknow or empty, i cant use sim card for this phone.

please help me to fix it. Fence Repair Seattle

If your device shows both IMEI numbers as unknown or empty, and you can't use a SIM card, this usually indicates a serious issue with the device's firmware or hardware. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

1. Restart the Device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches.

2. Check IMEI Settings: Dial *#06# to check the IMEI. If it's still unknown, you may need to manually re-enter the IMEI using engineering codes, but this requires technical expertise.

3. Factory Reset: Performing a factory reset can sometimes restore the IMEI. Make sure to back up your data before doing this.

4. Reflash the Firmware: If the IMEI issue is due to corrupted firmware, reflashing the stock firmware might restore it. This process varies depending on your device model and brand.

5. Visit a Service Center: If none of the above steps work, it's likely a hardware issue or the IMEI may have been wiped out. You should visit an authorized service center for professional repair.

Keep in mind that tampering with IMEI numbers can be illegal in some regions, so it's best to approach this issue cautiously.