This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge Tool

Monardi
Star II

I recently upgraded from my ROG 5s Pro to an 8 Pro and I'm loving it so far, however, there's an issue I'm facing with the Edge Tool, it seems to not be any possible way to change which side of the screen you out it when I open a game or watch multimedia content unless I change the system navigation from the navigation bar, which I love, to the gesture navigation, which I hate to death. Right now it sits on the left side when my phone is sideways, but I'm right handed so it's awkward for me to have it on the left side. On my 5s Pro I always had it on the right, same side the navigation panel was, and on that phone I was able to move it around as pleased, but on my 8 Pro it seems to be locked on the left side unless I change to gesture navigation.

Does anybody know any possible way for me to be able to change to whatever side I want it on?

6 REPLIES 6

Mattias_ASUS

Hi @Monardi 
This is by design so you don't accidentally press the buttons while using the button navigation.
One solution would be turning on Auto-rotate and turning the phone upside down, that way the edge tool can switch sides.

That just feels antinatural for me, because again, I'm right handed, on previous models it was never an issue to allow users to move it around as they wanted, me included, plus the navigation bar buttons hide after a second when doing either activity of playing games or watching multimedia content.

Also, games don't allow you to set the phone upside down and play due to the position of the USB C and how the aero active cooler works and is designed, that part makes sense to be that way, but the edge tool however, was the worst decision possible. I'd like to know whether there is going to be any future update that fixes this problem, because it's completely annoying.