This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad screen-off Air Trigger sensitivity

kmcmurtrie
Rising Star I

I've set the screen-off Air Trigger sensitivity to the maximum threshold but I still have the long-squeeze actions triggering in my pocket.  It's draining the battery.

It seems like higher humidity and also a fast impacting touch makes them trigger very easily.  If I press slowly, I have to press very hard.  If I slap my fingers down lightly, it triggers.  This is also easy to see in the threshold adjustment screen where it shows the registered level.  A fast press always shoots to maximum even when the grip is very light.  This makes sense for gaming, but not screen-off triggers.

5 REPLIES 5

kmcmurtrie
Rising Star I

I tested this more and it looks like curse of Google's Android 14 power saving schemes.   I tried giving the AirTriggers app unrestricted battery access but that doesn't fix it - it's probably not the right task.  I don't know what would fix 7/8 back cover animations either.

Android 14 is garbage.  If Google wanted to fix rapid battery drain they should modified their apps to spy less frequently.  All my apps periodically stall on both a ROG 7 and 8 Pro.   For all that hassle, the Google Apps still need to have background battery and background data turned off to prevent high standby battery drain.  :fire: