This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog phone 8 charging problem

deneskulik
Star II

there is a problem with the phone that it stops charging at random percentages of 88% or 92% and only starts charging again after reconnecting

Someone else encountered this problem If I leave the charger connected for a long time, does it charge to 100% or does it always have to be reconnected

10 REPLIES 10

The device is in normal charging mode and uniform charging is not activated

Dear Asus, will you be able to fix this problem in the next update? Thank you for your answer!

RGI
Star III

I don't have any problem on my ROG phone 8. I use battery care to limit my charge at 80%.

deneskulik
Star II

but if I want it to be 100% charged, does such an expensive phone reach the level that even a last-of-its-kind phone can reach, or would that be such a big expectation? Rog 8 is my first Asus phone, I've never had an Asus phone and yes, sometimes I just feel that I didn't make the right decision and I'm starting to lose interest in the product, before that I had a Black Shark 5 prom and half of it had so many problems, I regret this Asus phone because it's very it would be nice if everything worked as it should, but it seems that the phone is not ready in terms of software, I hope this problem will be fixed

Specimen_Six
Star II

I have the same issue on my rog phone 6, but only sometimes. 

blurrychn
Star I

Even in safe mode i got the issue where charging from the bottom port is inconsistent. It swaps between fast, normal charging, or not charging at all at a really fast rate. I'm assuming it is a hardware issue at this point. You guys know anywhere to get it repaired?