This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US versions of ROG phone 7 does not work with Google wallet Tap to Pay

xslogic
Star III

I just received my ROG phone 7. I ordered it from the rog.asus.phone/us site directly, so I assume it is legit.

The model number on the box says : ASUS_AI2205_E

I am not able to set up Tap to pay (google pay / wallet) on my phone. I get the message "This phone can't be set up to tap to pay". Not sure what the problem is. According to google play, my device is "Play Protect Certified". I also see on the Google Wallet "Tap to Pay setup" that "Phone does not meet security requirements". Not sure what the issue is. Looks like other folks who purchased US variants of the phone are also not able to set up Google Wallet or Google Pay.

Note : The phone has been updated to the latest security patch (May 1 2023) and running the latest firmware (WW_33.0820.0810.188)

16 REPLIES 16

Titan_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xslogic   @WestCoastGhost 

Apologies. Would you please also help check another two questions below? Thank you 

1. This issue occurs on specific credit card, or all cards on your Google account?

2. Please help download and then run "SafetyNet Test" app and provide a screenshot to see if status passed.

333.JPG

Mine now works.  I ran the Safety Net app and now all OK.  Thank you very much!!

xslogic
Star III

Hmmm.... not sure what has changed... but when I tried to add the card today, everything worked. No error messages now.

PS: Is "SafetyNet Test" some sort of google app ? Never heard of it. I see that it is more interested in showing me ads before showing me results.

👍

Titan_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xslogic   @WestCoastGhost 

Thanks for your reply. We are also curious about this issue and would like to know if any idea you could provide for us to track, e.g. this issue occurs on specific credit card, or all cards on your Google account? Or, did you do update Google Wallet or Google service from Google Play? Thank you for any possible clue.