This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option available to use 3rd party applications to use Passkeys

AqUaReGiA
Star I

I recently updated to Android 14. Android 14 provides users to use 3rd party applications like Enpass, Dashlane, etc password managers to manage their passkeys. This feature is available and working on other android 14 devices like pixel but in ROG Phone 7 I just cannot find it. I'm attaching screenshot of the both ROG phone 7 and Pixel 7a for your ease.

Pixel 7aPixel 7aROG Phone 7ROG Phone 7 

3 REPLIES 3

malaika121
Star II

I understand that you're facing an issue with using third-party password managers to manage passkeys on your ROG Phone 7 after updating to Android 14. While this feature is available and working on other devices like Pixel 7a, it seems to be missing on your ROG Phone 7.

Here are some possible explanations and solutions:

1. Gradual rollout: It's possible that the feature is being rolled out gradually to different devices and regions. Pixel devices often receive updates earlier than other manufacturers, so it might just be a matter of time before it reaches your ROG Phone 7.
  2. ROG Phone 7 UI customization: ASUS might have customized the Android 14 interface on the ROG Phone 7, hiding or renaming the option to use third-party password managers. Try searching for "passkeys" or "password manager" in your phone's settings or security options. You might also find relevant options under the "Security & lock screen" or "Biometrics & security" sections.
  3. Bug or incompatibility: There's a chance that a bug or incompatibility between the ROG Phone 7's software and certain password manager apps is preventing the feature from working.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check for updates: Make sure your ROG Phone 7 is running the latest software update. Go to Settings > System > System update and check for available updates.
  2. Contact ASUS support: Reach out to ASUS support for help and clarification on the availability of this feature on ROG Phone 7. They might be able to provide more information or suggest alternative solutions.
  3. Try different password manager apps: If you're using a specific password manager app that's not working, try using a different one that's known to be compatible with Android 14.
  4. Wait for future updates: Keep an eye out for future updates to your ROG Phone 7 software, as the feature might be added or fixed in a later update.

I hope this will help.

markinson
Star II

There are limitations regarding using third-party  applications with Passkeys. Here's a breakdown:

Current Availability:

• Mobile Devices:
    • Android 14: Supports using third-party password managers to store and manage Passkeys.
    • iOS: No current option to use third-party applications for Passkeys. Passkeys are stored within the iCloud Keychain.
  • Desktop Devices:
    • Chrome on macOS and Windows: Passkeys are stored locally on the device, no support for third-party managers.
    • ChromeOS: Passkeys can be shared across devices using the same Google Account and synced with Android Password Manager.

Mattias_ASUS

Hi @AqUaReGiA 
Pixel's "Password, passkeys and data services" do have the same function in ROG7's "Autofill service" in Passwords & accounts.

Or is there another function that is missing?