This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Asus Rog phone 7 Firmware, help me

Ulib
Star II

Hello, what a community, I'm new to manual updates. ( i got this phone Yesterday)

The question is:

When updating a Firmware, does the Android version update? Example: I have the version Android 13, and I don't want Android 14 because I have read in forums that it is having a lot of problems on the Asus ROG phone 7,

So can I update the Firmware without updating to Android 14?

What else is a "Source Code"? Should I update it?

And what is Android FileManager APP Update APK?

If you could help me with all that I would appreciate it! Since I'm new and I don't want to mess up with this update😅

I have WW-33.0820.0810.121
Android 13

And on the Asus page there is

WW-34.1010.0820.71

@Mattias_ASUS  please

Screenshot_20240604-165204_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240604-170055_Chrome (1) (1).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Saurav_7
Rising Star I

Yes it will change your Android version to 14. And please don't come to Android 14 stay at Android 13. I'm mostly sure it will upgrade but I will tell you to call Asus service centre. You can find their number from there website.

Android 14 will destroy your phone as it's destroying mine with temps of 44°C even when changing at 8 Watts which is when you change your phone at Ultra Steady mode.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Saurav_7
Rising Star I

Yes it will change your Android version to 14. And please don't come to Android 14 stay at Android 13. I'm mostly sure it will upgrade but I will tell you to call Asus service centre. You can find their number from there website.

Android 14 will destroy your phone as it's destroying mine with temps of 44°C even when changing at 8 Watts which is when you change your phone at Ultra Steady mode.

Plus support here is very bad. Moderators mostly ignore all the complaints made by the users.

Hello @Ulib 

When updating, your Android version will eventually upgrade to Android 14
Your phone should be able to receive updates automatically, check System update in settings to see if you have an update to download, or to stop it if you do not want to update.

i saw that...