This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 issue FPS Drop

Agustinp
Star III

Hello, today I updated the software to Android 14 and I am experiencing a drop in fps in a game  called Final Fantasy 7 Ever Crisis. The game supports up to 30 fps, and after the update, it oscillates between 20 and 30 fps continuously, generating continuous freezes in the image. I always used the Refresh Rate "Auto" setting and never had problems (always remained stable at 29-30 fps), I tried selecting Refresh Rate 60 fps (in the phone settings) and it still drops.

I would like to know if it is a problem with the game that is not optimized for Android 14 (which seems strange to me) or if it is a problem with the Android version.

Thanks

38 REPLIES 38

Mattias_ASUS

@Agustinp I did some quick testing and the issue seems to be on the developer's side, as the game seems to be having issues with Android 14 and some users using different brands are not able to find the game in the Play Store

Thanks for the quick reply. I share the Play Store link with you (maybe the game is not enabled in your region but it is strange)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ff7ecww&hl=en

I take advantage of the message to tell you that I found something else (I don't know if it is intentional or an issue). When charging the cell phone, the animation that it is charging with Hyper charge takes about 7 to 10 seconds to appear, while before it took at most 2 seconds.

Finally, I get the feeling that when I press the button that turns the screen on and off, when I press the button to turn it off, it takes longer than normal.

Hi,

For Call of Duty mobile my frame drops happens when I play Ranked MP and go up against real players. Being in a bot lobbies or training ground shooting around does not affect FPS drops. For my phone this happens when you are playing against/with real players. Hope this can help for your debugging 

Agustinp
Star III

Ignore this post, is duplicated

Agustinp
Star III

Ignore this post, is duplicated