cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The final chance and the grand finale

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
I made the first post for the grand finale of the rog series lineup
This is the final chance for Asus to correct their phone, otherwise, the competition will eat them whole, it's all or nothing now
This rog 6D will have to compete with Sony, Nubia, Lenovo and Black Shark, so it better be as good and as perfect as the rog 3 was and still is to this very day
8 REPLIES 8

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

I don't believe in miracles anymore, I've never seen such an avalanche of bugs with each update of Rog5, 6, ZF8, ZF9, for a fixed bug it's ten new ones, most of them worked before, no regression test nor quality. it's as if R&D is external/decentralized and not supervised properly. We ask for the correction of a Bug, we receive, we check the correction and basta we publish. Exactly like at the beginning of android with first price Chinese brands

View post
I still have faith based on 1 thing, and 1 thing alone, and that is the Rog3. Despite the release of the Rog5 and Rog6, the Rog3 has had by far the best threatment, even after the release of the Rog5, the A12 update for the Rog3 was clean and almost completely bug free (voLTE bug as the only major bug which was fixed rather quickly). It's completely bug free as of today, maybe aside from very minor edge case bugs that don't mean anything such as brightness slider doesnt update itself when ingame. The Rog3 is also the only phone ASUS has released that isnt dying on its own on mass, 2.5years since release and look at the Rog3 forums. People with user caused bugs and rare cases of actual defect and most just wishing for ASUS not to abandon the Rog3 and support software via security udpates some more.
What really gave me hope is the cooling design of the Rog6D ultimate, it's very similair to the Rog3. The cooling will add much needed durability so it cant bend as easily and adds some major cooling capabilities, both actively and passively. The qualcom power IC is also completely gone as they have changed to Dimensity, which most likely means redesigned power delivery with components supporting dimensity, not only that but because of the switch to dimensity they also have to use other components for handling audio and such. If it outputs anything like the Vivo X80 then we are in very good hands.

SupposablyAtThe
Star III
Camera still has 0 zoom at all and a useless macro camera, that will always put this phone behind all others, if only the macro was a 3x or 5x zoom this phone would have been so much better for so many more people!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
SupposablyAtTheZoo

Camera still has 0 zoom at all and a useless macro camera, that will always put this phone behind all others, if only the macro was a 3x or 5x zoom this phone would have been so much better for so many more people!

View post
Have to disagree, I found the macro camera to be extremely useful in many cases, but I do component level repair so I am very niche.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.