Yahmach0p
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
Which ROG 6 Version is being sold in US. Version A, B, or, C?
Will the packaging show the version?
8 REPLIES 8

yogageeta
Star II
Some places are selling Version A of the 6 Pro. It's preferable to use that version with US networks. Hopefully when it launches on the 18th in the US, the model will have Version A network bands.

Yahmach0p
Star I
Been using my ROG 6 Pro for a few days and can confirm it is using 4G/5G bands (TMobile 44,66,71) which is a surprise since I thought I was getting a version that did not support these bands. Reception is just as good, if not better, than my S21 Ultra I upgraded from.
I purchased it off Amazon from Mobile Advance which comes with a warranty and they specifically told me this is the US version so I assume the one Asus is selling on their US store is the same model. Model on the back of my box says A12201_D.
As I said in my previous post there are too many versions and it is very difficult to find the specific specs in terms of bands supported. Asus needs to be more clear in what they are selling if they want customer trust. Put bands supported on the back of the box for example.
Enjoying the phone so far. Great build quality and looks great. Will see if it can last 3 years at least. Hope this information is helpful to those on the fence about purchasing one.

jeanrivera
Star III
Yahmach0p

Been using my ROG 6 Pro for a few days and can confirm it is using 4G/5G bands (TMobile 44,66,71) which is a surprise since I thought I was getting a version that did not support these bands. Reception is just as good, if not better, than my S21 Ultra I upgraded from.

I purchased it off Amazon from Mobile Advance which comes with a warranty and they specifically told me this is the US version so I assume the one Asus is selling on their US store is the same model. Model on the back of my box says A12201_D.

As I said in my previous post there are too many versions and it is very difficult to find the specific specs in terms of bands supported. Asus needs to be more clear in what they are selling if they want customer trust. Put bands supported on the back of the box for example.

Enjoying the phone so far. Great build quality and looks great. Will see if it can last 3 years at least. Hope this information is helpful to those on the fence about purchasing one.

View post
interesting, I bought mine from Mobile Advance too from Amazon, but my box says AI2201_F 🤔🤔🤔

ok nevermind, I just realized that AI2201_D is the Pro version and AI2201_F is the non Pro version

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.