This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your SOT with the ROG6?

PhenomFX
Star III
Been trying to figure out if the battery life is good, it seems to be very good but i would like to know what other users getting(of course, each of us use the phone differently with different mobile signal strength, but that could paint a picture of the overall performance of the battery).

screenshot-20220809-115049-gsam-battery-monitor.jpg
That was mine of the second day of use.
*That's with constant 165hz, no Auto mode.
48 REPLIES 48

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
PhenomFX

It seems you had a very bad signal that drained your battery out very fast.

View post
No, its actually pretty in line with your battery usage, as already mentioned, the idle drain on the phone is quite severe. He had very light use for 16hours with little over 1hour SoT and lost 39%, he could roughly get ~32hours of battery on his charge with ~2h SOT.
it's nowhere near the Rog3
Danishblunt

Not gonna lie, I'm really happy about the batterylife on this phone.

screenshot-20201126-162230164.jpg

5 days on light usage without charging the Phone makes me quite happy 🙂

For the guys who are wondering:

(dage = days, t = hours )

What i find funny is how it stops showing hours after 2 days. Before that it goes like 1day 6 hours, after it hits the magic 2 days mark it stops bothering counting the hours 😞

But on 1 full charge I can get over 5 days of light usage which is massive.

Rog3 batterylife
Similair uscase as his, runs 5 days no problem. Battery "idle" drain is roughly 3.5x higher on Rog6 vs the Rog3.

sunnyp1187
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225814#Comment_225814

No, its actually pretty in line with your battery usage, as already mentioned, the idle drain on the phone is quite severe. He had very light use for 16hours with little over 1hour SoT and lost 39%, he could roughly get ~32hours of battery on his charge with ~2h SOT.

it's nowhere near the Rog3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40842/rog3-batterylife

Similair uscase as his, runs 5 days no problem. Battery "idle" drain is roughly 3.5x higher on Rog6 vs the Rog3.

View post
@Danishblunt I am returning the phone on this basis as I cant find a way to reduce the drain. The drain is more than my Note 9, which baffles me. Do you think Asus could fix this with software updates? I was unable to find an app to track which process was creating the idle drain, would you have any tips on if such an app exists or how to go about isolating the culprit?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
sunnyp1187

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225833#Comment_225833

@Danishblunt I am returning the phone on this basis as I cant find a way to reduce the drain. The drain is more than my Note 9, which baffles me. Do you think Asus could fix this with software updates? I was unable to find an app to track which process was creating the idle drain, would you have any tips on if such an app exists or how to go about isolating the culprit?

View post
I am not sure myself, this is also an issue on the Rog5. If I had to guess I'd say it's probably not software related since any battery drain app I tried and others to determine the battery drain on the rog5/rog6 really cant seem to find the culprit. Either its something very deep in the system applications or its something on the phone that doesnt seem to hibernate or shut down like it should or can't. I suspect the culprit might be the integrated 5G modem that soaks the battery, while you still have the phone, try to run the phone idle for 2 hours and check the drain, then turn off the mobile network completely and run another 2 hours and check side by side.
But yeah, while some people here rave about how great the battery is, we, who are used by better, notice quickly that there is a very high idle drain going on and it really ruins the battery life and durability, there is no reason a phone with 6000mah shouldnt last multiple days on light usage.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
I have a Rog3 and a Rog6. The two in front of me. I have been using the Rog3 since its launch. The battery lasts more or less 1.5 / 2 days, without playing, giving it a normal use of a smartphone (social networks, internet, some calls, etc.. ). With the Rog6 I have exactly the same experience. Without playing, giving it my usual use, it holds the same as the Rog3. I don't understand where the outrage comes from that Rog3 lasts 3.5 times longer than Rog6. If that were true, my Rog3 should last around 5-6 days, giving it my use, which is completely absurd.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

I have a Rog3 and a Rog6. The two in front of me. I have been using the Rog3 since its launch. The battery lasts more or less 1.5 / 2 days, without playing, giving it a normal use of a smartphone (social networks, internet, some calls, etc.. ). With the Rog6 I have exactly the same experience. Without playing, giving it my usual use, it holds the same as the Rog3. I don't understand where the outrage comes from that Rog3 lasts 3.5 times longer than Rog6. If that were true, my Rog3 should last around 5-6 days, giving it my use, which is completely absurd.

View post
If youre incapable of reading then that's not my problem. The idle drain on the rog3 is roughly 3.5x less than Rog6, on light use the rog3 lasts roughly 5 days, which I have provided a screenshot of from my Rog3. Unless you claim that my rog3 is some magical thing with 14000mah you have nothing to argue with. I assume you bloated your Rog3 with something and hence it only lasts 2 days on light load.