This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your SOT with the ROG6?

PhenomFX
Star III
Been trying to figure out if the battery life is good, it seems to be very good but i would like to know what other users getting(of course, each of us use the phone differently with different mobile signal strength, but that could paint a picture of the overall performance of the battery).

screenshot-20220809-115049-gsam-battery-monitor.jpg
That was mine of the second day of use.
*That's with constant 165hz, no Auto mode.
48 REPLIES 48

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
PhenomFX

Can say that the modem part is the true fault, not so much on mine ROG6( 10hr of sleep went from 100% to... 100%).

But on mine Vivo x80 pro the modem drains the battery very fast, even on the rog6 that happens and on every phone that has the latest SD SOC( maybe less on 865 or 870).

View post
SD 888 and newer have the 5g modem built into the SOC. But does disable 5G improve battery life or does sim have to get out completely? Can you guys test that.

PhenomFX
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/226052#Comment_226052

SD 888 and newer have the 5g modem built into the SOC. But does disable 5G improve battery life or does sim have to get out completely? Can you guys test that.

View post
5G sucks the battery at a faster rate, disabling it improves the battery life, it's very noticeable on the ROG6, Huawei Mate 40 Pro and Vivo X80 Pro.

sunnyp1187
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/226052#Comment_226052

View post
Yep, with 5G disabled and 4g modem running with WiFi off, I am still finding 0.5% drain every hour and has 1 hour screen time. battery went from 60% to 55%, 10 hour period. Massive difference without 5G and the autosync for me.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.