This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your SOT with the ROG6?

PhenomFX
Star III
Been trying to figure out if the battery life is good, it seems to be very good but i would like to know what other users getting(of course, each of us use the phone differently with different mobile signal strength, but that could paint a picture of the overall performance of the battery).

screenshot-20220809-115049-gsam-battery-monitor.jpg
That was mine of the second day of use.
*That's with constant 165hz, no Auto mode.
48 REPLIES 48

sunnyp1187
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225847#Comment_225847

I am not sure myself, this is also an issue on the Rog5. If I had to guess I'd say it's probably not software related since any battery drain app I tried and others to determine the battery drain on the rog5/rog6 really cant seem to find the culprit. Either its something very deep in the system applications or its something on the phone that doesnt seem to hibernate or shut down like it should or can't. I suspect the culprit might be the integrated 5G modem that soaks the battery, while you still have the phone, try to run the phone idle for 2 hours and check the drain, then turn off the mobile network completely and run another 2 hours and check side by side.

But yeah, while some people here rave about how great the battery is, we, who are used by better, notice quickly that there is a very high idle drain going on and it really ruins the battery life and durability, there is no reason a phone with 6000mah shouldnt last multiple days on light usage.

View post
I may have been the issue. I found that the auto aync was enabled and that was the major drain. Removing sim and leaving on wifi overnight with sync off, I only got 5% drain over 10 hours. With sync enabled on previous nights, the drain was 1% per hour.
My Note 9 drained 10% over 10hours. And with smaller battery, this means a larger drain in comparsion to ROG.

Hasney
Star II
I'm not going to be able to track this long term, as I've started a returns process as I have had a lot of the problems reported on this forum, but the standby drain was the first thing that's actually impressed me. Lost 3% over 12 hours, WiFi and Dual Sim in.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
sunnyp1187

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225927#Comment_225927

I may have been the issue. I found that the auto aync was enabled and that was the major drain. Removing sim and leaving on wifi overnight with sync off, I only got 5% drain over 10 hours. With sync enabled on previous nights, the drain was 1% per hour.

My Note 9 drained 10% over 10hours. And with smaller battery, this means a larger drain in comparsion to ROG.

View post
I dont think its the auto sync, I think its the fact you removed the sim.
I think at this point my theory is probably right, the modem part of the SOC seems to be the main culprit.

Hasney
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/226015#Comment_226015

I dont think its the auto sync, I think its the fact you removed the sim.

I think at this point my theory is probably right, the modem part of the SOC seems to be the main culprit.

View post
Noooo, Qualcomm would never!
Yeah, the only way I could get acceptable battery life on my Fold 3 was to disable 5G. Phone batteries have become kind of shocking on Snapdragon devices since it became the standard, even when it's not being used with WiFi active.

PhenomFX
Star III
Can say that the modem part is the true fault, not so much on mine ROG6( 10hr of sleep went from 100% to... 100%).
But on mine Vivo x80 pro the modem drains the battery very fast, even on the rog6 that happens and on every phone that has the latest SD SOC( maybe less on 865 or 870).