This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible audio equalization, any way to disable audio wizard?

tsbreuer
Star I
I have noticed that the audio wizard for some reason randomly decides to play with the equalizer to lower distortion or focus on a specific sound on the song, which ends up creating a mess.
I literally cannot manage to get it to sound properly through the entire song, because the audio wizard will try to though the entire song keep changing the balance to adapt, and it just ends up coming out as a complete shitfest. I have tried all 4 music modes and at this point i'm just looking for a way to disable the automatic equalization, let me deal myself with the distortion if it happens.
Its to the point i'm considering looking into rooting the phone and getting a custom rom when possible because this is terrible, it straight up makes the speakers go from sounding great to just sounding worse than any midrange garbage phone.
I really REALLY dont understand why you would make the audio equalizer not have an off option to just let us do what we want with it.
63 REPLIES 63

ktw
Rising Star II
Jesp.r

what problem do you people have? If he likes mobile, respect it. I don't care if the screen is E, M, Z8 or X278. It works and looks good right? if you want a higher quality screen, buy a Samsung.

I'm already tired because you don't stop putting shit on this smartphone without even having it (or at least I think so). And don't tell me now that it's not worth what it costs, that Asus has downgraded, that they're never going to fix anything... that if the quality is like the pocoF4 that blah blah blah... I think sometimes you go a little too far man , relax..

I've had the phone for a week, and it works fine. The latest update is going well, they fixed the volume button problem. I did a hard reset to have the phone clean and Google services no longer consume battery. It no longer heats up, what's more, I passed the CPU throttling test three times in a row and the phone remains perfectly at 90% performance... with a heat to the touch similar to that of rog3. I know because I have both phones in front of my face.

The phone works, the vibration is very good, the performance is good, the camera for a gaming phone is good (much better than the Rog3), and I repeat, even if you hate hearing this, the audio is good, no it is bad. I know because I have two phones in my hands in front of my face that I can compare to (rog3 and iphone 13pro) and I can guarantee you that I'm not hearing impaired... I don't have to be a speaker expert to know if a phone sounds good or bad.

In short... relax, respect people who like the phone... if rog6 sucks for you, don't buy it, simple as that.

And now, with my arms wide open, I will wait for the innumerable criticisms that I am going to receive hahaha.

View post
Agreed.
Some people just think their opinions are more correct than the others' opinions and won't stop trash-talking about this phone and its users here. They need to learn to respect others who think differently and like the phone.😛

waxy78611
Zen Master I
imoc

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223378#Comment_223378

Playing "competitive" Music Game on full 165Hz is really nice😌 Processor is very fast and cool comparing to same power 865/888

View post
I can only 🤣 at this comment.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@Jesp.r
People who have no value like you are the reason the Rog phone went to hell. You have made it clear, you don't care about quality and will defend anything ASUS does, the Rog series is dead. Innovation is dead, only thing to come is more downgrades and cheapouts.
Unlike you there are people here who give a fk. You're the type of consumer that let apple, samsung and oneplus become what they are today, because you're so fking clueless and have no pride in being fked as a consumer that it's pathethic. As far as the Rog phone goes, it's only dowhill from here at this point, onec that pile of junk blew up and you get no replacement for free because ASUS tells you its liquid damage then you can take a hard look at yourself and ask why you had to be an idiot.
It's the rog5 users all over again, i fking warn you and once you got a burned dead brick you come back with pikachuface acting like nobody told you.
@waxy78611 Guys like us are screwed to many sheep buying, lets hope another brand picks up the slack. So far Lenovo Y90 looks absolutely amazing, sadly no global release yet. I guess at least we can enjoy the shtshow and wait for jerryrigs Rog6 kitkat video.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Verbatim words "I have no value" "you are so clueless".. thanks for the compliments. That is the difference between you and many people on this forum. You underestimate people who don't think like you, that's your problem. Learn to respect, if you don't like what you read, go to another forum (Lenovo for example?).. I have nothing more to say on this matter.

imoc
Rising Star II
Jesp.r

what problem do you people have? If he likes mobile, respect it. I don't care if the screen is E, M, Z8 or X278. It works and looks good right? if you want a higher quality screen, buy a Samsung.

I'm already tired because you don't stop putting shit on this smartphone without even having it (or at least I think so). And don't tell me now that it's not worth what it costs, that Asus has downgraded, that they're never going to fix anything... that if the quality is like the pocoF4 that blah blah blah... I think sometimes you go a little too far man , relax..

I've had the phone for a week, and it works fine. The latest update is going well, they fixed the volume button problem. I did a hard reset to have the phone clean and Google services no longer consume battery. It no longer heats up, what's more, I passed the CPU throttling test three times in a row and the phone remains perfectly at 90% performance... with a heat to the touch similar to that of rog3. I know because I have both phones in front of my face.

The phone works, the vibration is very good, the performance is good, the camera for a gaming phone is good (much better than the Rog3), and I repeat, even if you hate hearing this, the audio is good, no it is bad. I know because I have two phones in my hands in front of my face that I can compare to (rog3 and iphone 13pro) and I can guarantee you that I'm not hearing impaired... I don't have to be a speaker expert to know if a phone sounds good or bad.

In short... relax, respect people who like the phone... if rog6 sucks for you, don't buy it, simple as that.

And now, with my arms wide open, I will wait for the innumerable criticisms that I am going to receive hahaha.

View post
Internet 🫣 just ignore that blue hair, I've seen him very aggressively attacking everything here.