This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible audio equalization, any way to disable audio wizard?

tsbreuer
Star I
I have noticed that the audio wizard for some reason randomly decides to play with the equalizer to lower distortion or focus on a specific sound on the song, which ends up creating a mess.
I literally cannot manage to get it to sound properly through the entire song, because the audio wizard will try to though the entire song keep changing the balance to adapt, and it just ends up coming out as a complete shitfest. I have tried all 4 music modes and at this point i'm just looking for a way to disable the automatic equalization, let me deal myself with the distortion if it happens.
Its to the point i'm considering looking into rooting the phone and getting a custom rom when possible because this is terrible, it straight up makes the speakers go from sounding great to just sounding worse than any midrange garbage phone.
I really REALLY dont understand why you would make the audio equalizer not have an off option to just let us do what we want with it.
63 REPLIES 63

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
PhenomFX

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223810#Comment_223810

There is no company like Huawei, i've had the Mate 20X 4G and the Mate 40 Pro and trust me those are irreplaceable.

I also have the Vivo X80 Pro, and while the camera is amazing, the rest is medicore at best which is why i bought the ROG6.

So far 2022 is a total flop in the smartphone department.

View post
I wouldnt say that, the Nothing Phone turned out great, so did the zenfone 9 from what I can tell. Also we will still have to wait and see what that 200mp sensor is capable of on the motorola.
sadly that was about it for the global market, in the chinese market they got exciting releases such as the IQOO 10 pro, Blackshark 5 pro, Lenovo Y90 and so on.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
PhenomFX

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223810#Comment_223810

There is no company like Huawei, i've had the Mate 20X 4G and the Mate 40 Pro and trust me those are irreplaceable.

I also have the Vivo X80 Pro, and while the camera is amazing, the rest is medicore at best which is why i bought the ROG6.

So far 2022 is a total flop in the smartphone department.

View post
You should have gone for the dimensity Version, if you hadn't done. Way less heating, much better battery life. Camera is class leading no doubt

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223944#Comment_223944

You should have gone for the dimensity Version, if you hadn't done. Way less heating, much better battery life. Camera is class leading no doubt

View post
that does make me wonder how is the mediatek vs SD in terms of image processing.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.