This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible audio equalization, any way to disable audio wizard?

tsbreuer
Star I
I have noticed that the audio wizard for some reason randomly decides to play with the equalizer to lower distortion or focus on a specific sound on the song, which ends up creating a mess.
I literally cannot manage to get it to sound properly through the entire song, because the audio wizard will try to though the entire song keep changing the balance to adapt, and it just ends up coming out as a complete shitfest. I have tried all 4 music modes and at this point i'm just looking for a way to disable the automatic equalization, let me deal myself with the distortion if it happens.
Its to the point i'm considering looking into rooting the phone and getting a custom rom when possible because this is terrible, it straight up makes the speakers go from sounding great to just sounding worse than any midrange garbage phone.
I really REALLY dont understand why you would make the audio equalizer not have an off option to just let us do what we want with it.
63 REPLIES 63

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
wojtekmarchewka

On my Rog 6 I also noticed strange problems with the Audio, The overall quality of the speakers today (and WW-32.2810.2206.95) is worse than my Rog 5. The sound waves are the worst when we listen to the smartphone on the speakers. The sound on the headphones after Jack, kind of ok, but slightly quieter and darker. The new update of WW-32.2810.2207.134 is supposed to contain. Optimize the sound experience, but haven't updated yet

View post
its because the speakers are worse, they downgraded. Rog 6 literally getting smashed by Iphone 13 pro max.
You didnt read the downgrade topic now did you?

imoc
Rising Star II
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223367#Comment_223367

Rog 6 speakers are a DOWNGRADE from rog 5, even the rog 3. So much so that not only have I returned my rog 6 & never intend to buy it again, but I've even ordered new batteries for my rog 5 aswel as a new back panel as I'll be keeping my rog 5 until the rog 7 is released.

Rog 6 is a major FLOP. Why pay a silly price tag for 165hz & a slightly "better" processor? Because that's all you're really getting.

View post
Playing "competitive" Music Game on full 165Hz is really nice😌 Processor is very fast and cool comparing to same power 865/888

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
imoc

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223378#Comment_223378

Playing "competitive" Music Game on full 165Hz is really nice😌 Processor is very fast and cool comparing to same power 865/888

View post
music game on crappy speakers and mediocre screen by todays standards. Yes, how very nice indeed.
The E panels are basicially the substandard screen for other phone manufacturers while samsung keeps the good screens for themselves, namely the M series and the other phones that don't want substandard quality all go for LTPO, such as the IQOO 10 pro and Oneplus 10 pro. This is also why you see E4 panels on budget phones such as Poco F4 because they are cheap and mediocre, but someone like you who has 0 clue doesn't even notice.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
what problem do you people have? If he likes mobile, respect it. I don't care if the screen is E, M, Z8 or X278. It works and looks good right? if you want a higher quality screen, buy a Samsung.
I'm already tired because you don't stop putting shit on this smartphone without even having it (or at least I think so). And don't tell me now that it's not worth what it costs, that Asus has downgraded, that they're never going to fix anything... that if the quality is like the pocoF4 that blah blah blah... I think sometimes you go a little too far man , relax..
I've had the phone for a week, and it works fine. The latest update is going well, they fixed the volume button problem. I did a hard reset to have the phone clean and Google services no longer consume battery. It no longer heats up, what's more, I passed the CPU throttling test three times in a row and the phone remains perfectly at 90% performance... with a heat to the touch similar to that of rog3. I know because I have both phones in front of my face.
The phone works, the vibration is very good, the performance is good, the camera for a gaming phone is good (much better than the Rog3), and I repeat, even if you hate hearing this, the audio is good, no it is bad. I know because I have two phones in my hands in front of my face that I can compare to (rog3 and iphone 13pro) and I can guarantee you that I'm not hearing impaired... I don't have to be a speaker expert to know if a phone sounds good or bad.
In short... relax, respect people who like the phone... if rog6 sucks for you, don't buy it, simple as that.
And now, with my arms wide open, I will wait for the innumerable criticisms that I am going to receive hahaha.

ZT959595
Rising Star II
Jesp.r

what problem do you people have? If he likes mobile, respect it. I don't care if the screen is E, M, Z8 or X278. It works and looks good right? if you want a higher quality screen, buy a Samsung.

I'm already tired because you don't stop putting shit on this smartphone without even having it (or at least I think so). And don't tell me now that it's not worth what it costs, that Asus has downgraded, that they're never going to fix anything... that if the quality is like the pocoF4 that blah blah blah... I think sometimes you go a little too far man , relax..

I've had the phone for a week, and it works fine. The latest update is going well, they fixed the volume button problem. I did a hard reset to have the phone clean and Google services no longer consume battery. It no longer heats up, what's more, I passed the CPU throttling test three times in a row and the phone remains perfectly at 90% performance... with a heat to the touch similar to that of rog3. I know because I have both phones in front of my face.

The phone works, the vibration is very good, the performance is good, the camera for a gaming phone is good (much better than the Rog3), and I repeat, even if you hate hearing this, the audio is good, no it is bad. I know because I have two phones in my hands in front of my face that I can compare to (rog3 and iphone 13pro) and I can guarantee you that I'm not hearing impaired... I don't have to be a speaker expert to know if a phone sounds good or bad.

In short... relax, respect people who like the phone... if rog6 sucks for you, don't buy it, simple as that.

And now, with my arms wide open, I will wait for the innumerable criticisms that I am going to receive hahaha.

View post

I agree with you.
Respect that other people enjoy the phone.
I am no audiophile but when I first played music on ROG 6, I immediately thought that the speakers are not even as good as ROG 2 (one of my previous phone) but still satisfactory for ME.
With the latest.134 update, the speakers sounded much better to ME. There might be other people who do not think so but remember that audio quality is a very subjective thing.