This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suing ASUS regarding OEM unlock

qorrymarzuki
Star II

I've seen some guys on XDA get full refunded by Asus for their Zenfone phone. I'm trying to do the same, and you all should too. I feel disappointed that ASUS blatantly lied about OEM unlocking tool that supposed to release last year. Any help would be appreciated. Also I'm the guy that my family and colleagues ask if they want to buy PC/laptop/phone. And because of this issue, I will not stop to discourage ASUS products and tell anyone I know to not buy products from ASUS untill they fix their scummy tactics to consumer. Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

See? You lied again to a consumer. A guy on XDA literally posted his journey suing all of you guys because of the blatant lies regarding unlock tool, with all emails and documents included, then later you gave the guy a full refund plus court fee.

https://xdaforums.com/t/court-action-against-asus-false-promise-on-bootloader-unlock-tool.4657042/

Why not accept that you are wrong, instead of these PR corporate answers, and then give us full transparency regarding this issue? You are giving so little support regarding the phone's software update unlike your competitor (Samsung) while giving us the same price or more. Why not give it to the community? Even Chinese phone brand like Xiaomi give their consumers better experience regarding unlocking their devices.

Falcon_ASUS

@blipwaztaken 
Thank you for your continued support and interest in ASUS products. 
We understand your anticipation for the phone unlock tool and appreciate your patience. We will continue to optimize it to ensure compliance with the latest regulatory requirements. We expect to release an official announcement soon, keeping you informed about our latest developments.
Should you have any other questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are dedicated to offering you support and answers.
Once again, thank you for your understanding and support.

Bro is lying again

TjRains
Star II

They're going to get a lot more possibly legal and consumer affairs issues when the 3G closure happens in Australia.

They've released no statement regarding anything about VoLTE not working on Australian telco networks. The devices are still sold in some of the main retailers though - the retailers are also oblivious that this is a problem. A little disclosure regarding this issue would be nice. I'm just keeping my paper trail for when the day rolls around so that CA can have all the relevant info regarding this debacle. I even have a call recorded from an ASUS technical support rep confidently telling me that the phone will be fine on Vodafone, something that Vodafone confirmed to not be true.

In summary, if your plan is to do all that - keep your records ready to go. I love ASUS so much but I'm not going to let my phone become a data-only gaming tablet with no warning and lies from any manufacturer =(