This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound problem after android 14 update

Delcar29
Star I

Hi. I have a Rog Phone 6 Batman Edition. Teo days ago i made update to android 14. Now after update when someone calls me i can't hear that person ,but he can hear me. After i answer i have to switch to bluetooth (Smart watch) or speaker and after back to phone and it works. This happens only someone calls me, If i make a call it works fine, or if someoane calls me on whatsapp also works fine. 

9 REPLIES 9

Mattias_ASUS

I have sent the info to the devs so that they look more into it, thank you.

Baiter
Star I

i have the same issue. watching youtube or video's it is fine. but no matter what i do, if i get a call i have to either use bluetooth, headset, or speaker mode. otherwise i can not hear anything.

zosla
Star I

I've started to have similar issues as the OP since the recent update I believe.

I got the phone earlier this year and it was fine until the recent update it seems.

What I found is that the phone is not switching from devices. I have earbuds and smart watch that is connected and the watch is always connected. When I receive or do an outbound call, the phone doesn't seem to register or know what device to use?

To get around this, the users will have to use their earbuds, watch etc. However, another way is when your in the call, you can tap on the phone and switch device, this somehow makes the phone recognise your using the Phone device and will get you sound again!

I also use Wechat app and it seems like it is also affected but differently, I get the lagging and breaking of sound, similar to very bad connection but it is not. To fix this, I have to reinstall the app every time it kicks in. It is not the app, as millions are using it and it only started to happen recently as well.

This really needs to be fixed ASAP!

mrspect
Star I

i have the same issue. but my rog 7 is failed to update A14 and reverted to original configuration. unfortunately my rog 7 sound is not working and keep going to reboot the phone after the failure.

anyone can help how to solve it.