Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG phone 6 - SIM card stopped working after update

Duno
Star I

Phone: ASUS ROG phone 6

OS Version: Android 14 - 34.0210.0210.241

My phone updated this weekend and a day later the SIM card stop working. it works for a few seconds after a reboot or when I pull the SIM and put it back in, but then shuts off again. I went to ATT and got a new SIM card, same results. My phone currently only works on WiFi and I have a business to run.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello MaximTimeClock@Duno,

I understand how frustrating it must be to deal with SIM card issues, especially when you have a business to run. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the problem:

Restart Your Phone Sometimes, a simple restart can fix SIM recognition issues.
Airplane Mode Toggle Airplane mode on and off. This can sometimes help the phone to reconnect to the network and recognize the SIM card.
SIM Card Reinstallation Remove the SIM card and then reinstall it. Make sure the SIM card and its slot are clean.
Update Firmware Ensure your phone’s firmware is up to date. Go to [Settings] > [System] > [System updates] and click [Check now].
Factory Data Reset If none of the above steps work, consider backing up your data and performing a factory data reset. Go to [Settings] > [Backup & reset] > [Factory data reset] and then [Reset phone]. Please note that this will erase all data, apps, settings, and personal information.
If the issue persists after trying these steps, it may be best to contact ASUS Product Support or visit a service center for further assistance. Remember to back up any important data before performing a factory reset or sending your device for repair. I hope one of these solutions helps you get back to business as usual quickly.

Best Regards

Ericsito
Star I

Same, same, same. I have the 6 Pro.

There is no fix it appears currently for the 6. I have tried absolutely everything, including factory reset, provisioning, dealing with AT&T support (different tiers) for a total of 8 hours, sim card replacement, etc.

Other phones such as the ZEN have had a patch pushed to fix this issue, but not us. I too am running a business from my phone so this is creating CATASTROPHIC problems for me. I had to take off for the last two days due to this, and I average $5-8k in sales per day, so you can imagine the large impact this makes on my company. That has come to a halt.

I have been running ROG phones since the second one and have always had an issue after a year or two. Between my last Rog 5 Ultimate having issues with sim card detection due to hardware failure, and now this, I just can't see myself continuing to use ASUS for my work phones. This is unacceptable, it's been 3 days that I've been experiencing these issues.

Currently, the only temporary band-aid is to disable 5G and allow the phone to run without it.

SILENT988
Star III

A fix update will come