This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 6 Still restarts when opening Camera not yet fix!!

John8
Star II

So i filed today a report to the online chat support of Asus and the agent didn't give me a solution to my problem. The camera still freezes and force to restart my phone for one (1) hour!!. Now I am afraid to open my camera because of this . Anyone have the same problem with me? My android version is Android 13.

17 REPLIES 17

Bebbooo
Star II

I have the same problem. I contacted Asus RMA and sent the device in as it was still under warranty. After Asus received it, they sent me an email with an estimate. The repair should cost 1114,39 Euro (1.205,44USD). Asus rejected the warranty because the display of the device had already been replaced. The repair would therefore be more expensive than a new device. In my opinion, this is cheeky of Asus, as the problem has nothing to do with the display replacement and was not caused by it. I was very happy with the device so far, but with the poor customer service, this was my last cell phone from Asus.

The same goes for me too This will probably be my last Asus product. A bad experience and poor customer service.

Bad company policy...

A question for everyone who has this error. Have you activated or deactivated your face recognition? I disabled face recognition yesterday and since then I can use the camera normally without the phone crashing and getting stuck in a bootloop.

I've never used that option, but still have the problem