This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having weird camera issues/crashes... any fix?

DZHEX
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: AI2201_C
Firmware Version:32.2810.2208.163
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: recently/always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just tried taking some pictures and the camera view started getting inverted and in a blue tone.
img-20220915-204410.jpg
img-20220915-204403.jpg
The phone was not moved between the pictures and the picture was not edited. This was happening with both, the default camera app and OpenCamera (why can we not use gamegenie to assign airtriggers to default camera actions, again?). Eventually the camera hanged and the phone rebooted. What's going on?
I updated the software recently, not sure if I used the camera until now after updating.
Edit: Forgot to mention that this happened first time after launching OpenCamera via squeeze gesture while the phone was locked, and it behaved... weirdly, not sure how it happened (I jumped up from a sofa to take the picture and got "flashbanged", so I'm not 100% sure what exactly happened and how 😅). I was unable to zoom out for some reason.
Edit: I am hearing some sort of clicking while the camera is active. I made sure that it isn't the horizon signal.
59 REPLIES 59

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
DZHEX

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228707#Comment_228707

Nope, it keeps saying "Fingerprint moved too fast". So AFAICT, they either made it so accurate that it's seeing noise, or the two issues seem to be connected.

And yes, I did enroll another fingerprint, it also kept telling me that the fingerprint moved too fast while I was doing that.

Either way, I will most likely go to a store to return the phone on friday, after doing every backup I can think of.

I'm also seeing that buying the Sony would also include the WH1000XM4B headphones... Not quite my first choice, but it does sweeten the pot quite a lot, despite me already having some headphones, and makes me kick myself even more for not going with the sony...

View post
Wait what? They come in included???

FunBike31
Community Legend I
The offer is unfortunately over for me since 27/07
The helmet is excellent and the promo was really worth it
image.png

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@DZHEX Some things you should know as well. The audio on the sony has been tuned to appeal to audiophiles. So If you enjoy good quality music and have some audiophile headphones you will absolutely adore the phone in that aspect as well.

DZHEX
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228858#Comment_228858

Wait what? They come in included???

View post
it looks like the store offers them as a gift, and I read somewhere that Sony are bundling them, but not entirely sure about it.
Offtopic though.

DZHEX
Star III
Danishblunt

@DZHEX Some things you should know as well. The audio on the sony has been tuned to appeal to audiophiles. So If you enjoy good quality music and have some audiophile headphones you will absolutely adore the phone in that aspect as well.

View post
I didn't go for it because I was told that sonys were RMAd often compared to other brands. Also, the cameras were perhaps a bit too professional. Otherwise, it seemed to get the most right. However, it seems that the RMA thing seems to be more on the ROG phone's side...
I have been using asus motherboard and GPUs, and have gotten an overall good impression about the hardware... and I do actually like me some of that gamer bling 😅