Did you mean: 

Ghost touches / ghost slides and/or low screen touch sampling rate

Lossani
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_AI_2201 ROG Phone 6
Firmware Version: 33.0610.2810.40 - Android 13 Beta
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time I connect the phone and play with not original wall charger
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Only tested in Call of Duty Mobile
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello I just discovered such a weird bug in Android 13 Beta 1 (please confirm if this happens in 241 as I can't rollback) when playing Call of Duty Mobile and probably any other game while my phone is connected to a non original charger to bypass charge, screen starts to behave weird. First of all it seems to be a problem with the touch sampling rate lowering for some reason or any kind of bug with the "smooth" swipes than you can adjust in Game Genie, making the game look laggy and stuttering, even though the FPS seems to be stable.
I recorded a video trying to replicate it and I captured some specific moments where this happens:
If the video is too fast pased, lower the playback speed. I used system screen recorder and enabled swipes guide lines so you can notice the following ones:
First notorious one happens at second 3, when it I press crouch button to slide and I try to move the camera with my right thumb finger but the system somehow recognizes it as a complete slide across the whole screen ruining the aiming, movement and gameplay experience at all.
The worst one is at the end, at minute 1:23 - 1:24. When I press the jump button the screen flips itself all the way up because of a ghost full screen slide.
These slides are so fast that is not even possible I could do it in real time. I think it's the swipe smoothing that the Game Genie applies but the screen overall becomes unresponsive and makes the game unplayable.
It fixes as soon as I disconnect the charger and restart game/device, doesn't seem to happen with original ROG charger. Please don't state that I should not use a non original charger because I can try to play with a powerbank like any normal user and this should not happen.
https:// www. youtube. com/ watch?v= a31z8uzFVPU
Please remove spaces from link

4 REPLIES 4

excavation5
Rising Star II
Better send it to warranty

FunBike31
Community Legend I
You are describing the symptom of a faulty charger and/or cable, poorly insulated, current leakage
Nothing to do with Android, cross-test with different chargers and cables and eliminate the faulty component, in 90% of cases it's the charger.
It's not because it's a non-ASUS charger but a faulty device.
I don't understand if this also happens with an external battery, what you seem to be saying, if so, test the usb-c cable well, normally, the cause is the insulation of the AC-DC transformer of the charger, there is no this component in an external battery.

petergroft29
Star II

There are most of the reasons to have Ghost Touches.

Clean your screen and your fingers.
Close that game, you are overheating that phone
Charger problem.
Badly placed screen covers and a broken screen.

Greetings,
Peter

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.