cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for boot loop/camera crash android 14

kronyk898
Star III

https://github.com/GrapheneOS/Camera/releases

I've downloaded and installed that camera app which replaced the Android camera library files and haven't had an issue since. Opened closed reopened camera no crash. Restarted phone multiple times no bootloop crash or reset 

Hesitant to use Asus camera app but using the new go app no issues.

Try and lmk results

4 REPLIES 4

Stalkjer
Star III

THIS IS GAME CHANGER!!!
&
THIS IS ABSOLUTE ASUS FAIL...

So far it seems this WORKS - no bootloop and camera crashes!!! Will see  how it will perform over time

This mentioned camera app can be downloaded from Google Store if someone is afraid to sideload app.

After looking on other threads on this forum for newer devices models now I am convinced this is my last ROG phone.

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE: Support stated this is hardware issue and advised customers to sent phone for repairs (warranty for most is over, so repair would cost money) when it was clear this is some software caused outage fixable by JUST installing open source camera with non bugged libraries. Perhaps some customer institutions should look at this....

Namelessuser
Star II

Is it real ?

I am affaird to click that app and turn on camera

TEERAPAt
Star I

Hopefully ASUS fixes this issue soon because it's been tormenting me every time I activate the camera on the device. It would freeze and boot loop immediately which caused my machine to take a long time to boot up.

TEERAPAt
Star I

And when I want to pay, Pitchfork scan to pay doesn't work and that makes it very difficult for me to use this mobile phone. And it shouldn't be like this at all. I hope this issue will be fixed soon.