This is another camera thread....
I have newest update installed. 34.0210.0210.260
Camera:
- is missing portrait mode
- is missing front camera button
- photos are blurry - For example I cannot my identity in ryanair app
- when opening camera inside apps like messenger screen is often black
- randomly phone crashes when I open camera app

This is unacceptable. I thought about switching to the ROG 8, but after reviewing there threads that contain similar problems to the rog 6 then I think I will choose another device if this won't be resolved soon....

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hardware Error you need a RMA

rma.asus.com

Well im unsure yet, the Asus guy mentioned to do the test... the tests asks to take a snap of the QR code... but doesnt provide a QR code to test lol 

Also i wouldnt do RMA, they quote as much just to replace the phone anyway as if brought new so whats the point of that? least a new phone would come with warrenty, but not sure id return to ROG after this whole thing, literally 2 weeks out of warrenty this boot loop issue began happening. $1700+ AUD for only a year with the phone, disgraceful. on top of that... they removed Front Firing speakers on the ROG 8, was the main selling point for me haha

@Mattias_ASUS  Can i please get a response on my question in this thread kindly? 
im trying your instruction of ".12345+=" and selecting Single test > Front Camera1 test.
But it asks me to take the test photo of a QR Code.... what QR Code??

Yurd
Star I

Tenho um problema idêntico ao seu. Não é um defeito de hardware, pois o problema desaparece por alguns instantes após reiniciar o celular.

Ive noticed more recently too, specifically opening FRONT FACING Camera in facebook messanger also often triggers it.