This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Clicking and Fingerprint too fast

Hobo
Star II
I have contacted the servce centre who sent me a list of things to try - i had tried 8 out of 9 of them and tried the factory reset. Now i have to go to the service centre and let them look. .
However i see its common complaint / issue so I am wondering if they can just give me another phone or refund me.

its a ROG 6 phone with the Camera just not opening /clicking / black screen / turning phone off or rebooting it. Bit annoyed as was a samungite for 10 years solidly and thought i would try something new for a change. The phone is about 6 weeks old, so i can try a replacement if its a rare issue, or refund. Probably prefer refund at the moment but can be talked round.
The fingerprint issue is the same as others, finger moving to fast no matter how tortoise like slowly i do it, was told to redo fingerprints but all that did was mean i can use fingerprint at all as even when i try to register it does the same message now.

3 REPLIES 3

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Council not interested, asks for reimbursement and does not buy back immediately
- This is a problem that affects many ROG6
-- The ASUS solution is to change a component, users indicate that it is noted by the service center "Motherboard"
--- So IMEM changed, significant loss of value
--- Opening a smartphone is not without consequence, it is useful on a top-of-the-range device 2-3 years old for the battery for example, on a Smartphone at more than 1000€ for a few weeks!!!

- New Smartphone
The Dimensity 9200 / 8 Gen2 / Android 13 Smartphones are starting to arrive, waiting a few weeks is to ensure a much more powerful device and with an additional year of major Android version update. Apart from a few weeks, it's really the worst time to invest in 8 Gen 1/Dimensity 9000 in Android 11, at worst buying a second-hand phone to wait a bit

thuggs
Rising Star I
Honestly get a refund. I'm in a good boat where my 6 pro isn't giving me any issues (yet) but still very unhappy with the performance for price.
Battery life and front facing speakers are what kept me, Sony delivered on everything but battery life and no one else did either. Would i buy again? Not even a chance. Nothing really justifies the cost for this phone.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
thuggs

Honestly get a refund. I'm in a good boat where my 6 pro isn't giving me any issues (yet) but still very unhappy with the performance for price.

Battery life and front facing speakers are what kept me, Sony delivered on everything but battery life and no one else did either. Would i buy again? Not even a chance. Nothing really justifies the cost for this phone.

View post
My most important criterion (Rog 5) was also the battery and even more so the charging bypass (intensive use 18-19/24h, 60% home/40% outdoor). 18w soft charge since July 2021, 3 exceptional 65w charges, never at night, 60% bypass charge
Despite this, the capacity is only 4400mAh after 16 months, impossible to use it +3h outside (+5h in 5G, 6h in new 4G).
The loss in % corresponds to 3 years and + of identical use of all my other old and current telephones (which do not have a bypass load, therefore much more used).
Of all my criteria, listening through the jack port, 16 GB memory and ergonomics in landscape mode are the only ones that remain.
Household appliances, wifi, motorcycles, telephony, mountain biking, photography, model making, computing, in short, all of what can be spent for several decades, the ROG 5 occupies the 1st place of the worst investment, and by far.