This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog 6 hotspot not detected in laptop wifi

Bjoy
Star II
Hotspot from Asus Rog 6 with android 12 is not compatible with my 10 year old Asus laptop Win8.
Every other hotspot phone is being easily detected on my laptop but not my rog 6. But In other phone devices my rog 6 hotspot is perfectly visible.
I have restarted, updated, tried all possible combinations on my phone is internet and hotspot settings and same in my laptop. No effect ...🙃

9 REPLIES 9

Bjoy
Star II
screenshot-20221202-113233-settings.jpg

screenshot-20221202-113701-settings.jpg
Like I said 🙃 I believe I have tried all possible combinations that are available in phone and laptop internet settings. And still convinced it is a software problem.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
No need to test them all, some are necessarily incompatible and can cause problems due to persistence of the Android cache in some circumstances 🙂
Without indication of your 10 year old Asus model, a compatible configuration should be as follows
Wifi 5 2.4 Ghz / Wpa-2 Personal / do not hide SSID / AP Band 2.4
Personally I would also have removed the space between Karol Bjoy
The Android cache sometimes causes incomprehensible problems, have you done system / reset / wifi reset, restart the device and redo the configuration with the settings below.
After that, if the error is still present, there are only 2 causes, ROG problem (to my knowledge, in Wifi 5 2.4 I have not been aware of other cases, all the bugs seen j are on Wifi6), the other cause, encountered a few times, is a driver problem on the oldest device, manufacturers stopping updates very early, you must identify the Wifi chip (realtek, Broadcomm or others) and see if there are newer drivers

thuggs
Rising Star I
Have you tried other devices to connect to the hotspot? Like another phone and another laptop?
Does your phone plan actually support hotspot?

ROG6er
Star I

Hi, 

It's just that the detection of ROG 6 as wifi hotspot is a bit buggy. Some firmware update should fix this.  Not a technical problem that can be solved easily on our side. I am using an ASUS wifi6 capable Win 11 device and I experience this issue as well. Wifi from other devices are detected fast whether it is an access point or hotspot. Issue is with ROG6 phone itself. I have some workarounds that normally works. First, try disabling the hotspot and enable again on ROG6, then also disable wifi and enable back a few times until the ROG6 hotspot is detected, if still not reboot your laptop and repeat process, if still not detecting, forget the hotspot wifi and re-stablish it again. It's a bit tedious, the above worked for me most of the time. Waiting for a stable update from ASUS.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.