evildante63
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 6
Firmware Version: Android 12
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always after update update 32.2810.2208.163
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I wanted to record something and all of a sudden the camera start to behave abnormally with a lot of ticking sounds...
This happened after the update, I have uploaded a short screen capture of this behavior, hoping anyone can help or at least Asus would patch this problem...
youtu .be/VpL7vi9wQRs
Please help, the phone is less than a month old...
87 REPLIES 87

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
petergroft

Reboot your phone/pad and launch the camera again. (Check if both front & rear cameras are working)

Clear the camera data and cache : Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> SEE ALL xxx APPS -> Camera -> Storage & Cache -> execute CLEAR STORAGE and CLEAR CACHE. (Example: Android 11). Please backup your photo & video files in the storage before you execute CLEAR STORAGE.

Update the Camera app from Google Play: Then start the Camera ( front & rear camera) again.

Update the firmware to the latest version :Go to Settings > System > System update > Check Update.

Access to Safe Mode: By long pressing the power key > Tap and holding the Power Off option in the menu> Tap OK. If your phone works well in the Safe Mode but cannot work normally after you restart the device, such a situation might result from third-party applications. We suggest you back up all your data and perform the factory data reset.

Back up your data and Perform factory data reset. 

If the above steps can't solve your issue, please contact ASUS Product Support for further assistance.

Hope This Works,

Peter

View post
@FunBike31 We got another bot now LoL

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I just saw, that's 3
I picture the head of rog 5 users when the bot writes activate Wifi, or Rog6 press 3s on Power, lol

Mattias_ASUS
Warfree

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229465#Comment_229465

I hear clicks, when the app change between the cameras automatically

16639574632043102598976032522780.jpg

16639574963652280452603280850645.jpg

View post
Sending you a quick PM 🙂

@Danishbluntmy topic got closed so I have to ask elsewhere

The people at warranty repair refused the phone as they couldn't reproduce the problem, and right now it's just stopped happening. Is there a known-ish way to make this issue happen so I can film it and get rid of the phone? Right now it is a 1000-euro potential paperweight and I bought an xperia 1 IV (customizability sucks big time on it FYI, especially compared to ROG, but otherwise it's a good phone). There also seems to be no way to sell it for even half the price now that the 6D is a thing. My only hope is to induce the problem so I can record it, hand it over to warranty repair and hopefully exchange it for a 1000-euro TV or something, instead of getting a replacement that might die just as well, or another expensive phone that I don't need anymore.

ok, awesome, I managed to make it happen while recording 4K60 video with the phone kept near the GPU exhaust of my PC. And I now have a recording of it - so I'll be able to prove it now.

also, Asus's local backup solution mops the floors with everything on the market barring root tools. Really, when it comes to anything besides camera, sony's software is *very* barebones/pathetic.

I am also looking into the legality of voiding the EU statutory warranty based on rooting the phone. AFAICT, it may be the case that all the "rooting phone voids warranty" may be (illegal!) FUD, enforced by artificial lockouts of service systems and trip bits: https://fsfe.org/activities/android/flashingdevices.en.html

I will seek legal advice regarding this topic.

Got a bit off-topic, but it appears that some heat and stressing the camera for a few hours can cause the problem.