This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As fragile as the Rog5

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sicne many still want to be in denial that the Rog6 is not a copy and paste and claim its way less fragile:
r/ROGphone - ROG Phone 6 Pro is bending in pocket!
bend.jpg
bend2.jpg
All he did was having it in his pocket. As the it's predecessor, the Rog 6 is very fragile and very suseptible to bending, which will in turn cause the same damages as on the Rog5 which are broken back glass, ripped internal cables and logicboard damage due to components cracking solderballs.
6 REPLIES 6

FunBike31
Community Legend I
jajabinx35

Yeah, was reading through that post and he did say he used a 'tpu case', which is that silicon bendy one.

Just as a personal opinion (and as I own the device), I use a rugged phone case that cannot bend. It's not one of those silicon cases....but I think it helps protect the phone

View post
8ab9cc21a5b378cc744ec6d04af33389f907b821-original.jpeg
You should post the link of your protective shell, it may be useful to others.
I really do not see what shell it can be, the only one that resists the bending of a trouser pocket is this one but does not seem to exist for the rog6 and has significant defects, front-rear fixed by screws, fan integrated useless and incompatible with all fans on the market, aggressive for pockets (you have to file the tips), unusable on a daily basis.
The link given by @Danishblunt is obvious but even without breaking like the photo, in the medium term, repeated bending deteriorates all interior connections (SIM, fingerprint reader, speaker)

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.