Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

AnkitParab
Star II
My asus Rog 5 wifi & hotspot is not working it turn off automatically please Asus please fix this problem ASAP

xanthom
Star I
Are you sure that it is hardware problem cause I don't want my mobile to be opened ,if it's software thn I guess I'll have to wait till next update

ronald1985
Community Legend I
xanthom

Are you sure that it is hardware problem cause I don't want my mobile to be opened ,if it's software thn I guess I'll have to wait till next update

View post
The moderator advice is to take your phone to service centre.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
xanthom

View post

Get an idea for yourself by reading the 99999999999999999999 messages concerning the problem of Wifi and HotSpot HS.

The only risk you take is when you are sure after reading the 99999999999999999999 messages and resolving by changing the motherboard that it is a hardware problem, your device will definitely be out of warranty and we will be in 203
You have 3 choices, service center, wait for a miracle, wait for an update, choose the right one

abhichamp24
Star II
Finally I have received my Refund and I am kissing Good bye to ASUS for good.