This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi/hotspot problem

Shreyan01
Star I

I am unable to turn on wifi and hotspot in ROG phone 5s.

Device not rooted

Help me solve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3

igiveanswers
Star II

There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue with your ROG Phone 5s not being able to turn on Wi-Fi and hotspot:

1. Restart your phone: This may seem like a simple solution, but it can often help to resolve connectivity issues. Hold down the power button and select "Restart."

2. Check airplane mode: Make sure that airplane mode is turned off by swiping down from the top of the screen and checking that the airplane icon is not highlighted. When airplane mode is on, all wireless connections are disabled.

3. Toggle Wi-Fi and hotspot: Try turning off Wi-Fi and hotspot and then turning them back on. Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the Wi-Fi and hotspot icons to turn them off, wait a few seconds, and then tap them again to turn them back on.

4. Check Wi-Fi settings: Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on and that your phone is connected to a network. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and check that the switch is turned on. If you see a network listed, tap on it and enter the password if necessary.

5. Clear cache and data: Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Wi-Fi > Storage & cache > Clear cache and Clear data. Then restart your phone.

6. Reset network settings: Go to Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. Then restart your phone.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact the manufacturer or your service provider for further assistance.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Shreyan01 ,

according to your problem, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first.

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657/

Also, I have PM you for confirming Wi-Fi issue details.
Could you please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information?

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.