Indr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: Latest .210
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: First time today
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today when the device is in idle mode just now, when I picked up my device saw that fingerpirnt is not working & suddenly screen goes black, press power key several times no response, press volume down+Up & power button still no response, suddenly screen comes back but with no widget no application running.. then i was able to restart & device working..
What's this new issue??? 🥺🥺🥺
I am really worried now, day by day a new issue arises...
Changed motherboard twice..
Faced network issue, performance drop issue now a new issue added to this problem library..
Thanks Asus...
11 REPLIES 11

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Indr@@@@@123

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: Latest .210
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: First time today
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Today when the device is in idle mode just now, when I picked up my device saw that fingerpirnt is not working & suddenly screen goes black, press power key several times no response, press volume down+Up & power button still no response, suddenly screen comes back but with no widget no application running.. then i was able to restart & device working..

What's this new issue??? 🥺🥺🥺

I am really worried now, day by day a new issue arises...

Changed motherboard twice..

Faced network issue, performance drop issue now a new issue added to this problem library..

Thanks Asus...

Suddenly screen goes black issue
What was you doing? What settings did you have? Try to give as much information leading to the issue as it helps others to reproduce the issue.

Indr
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57414/suddenly-screen-goes-black-issue

What was you doing? What settings did you have? Try to give as much information leading to the issue as it helps others to reproduce the issue.

View post
Nothing doing as such that time, watching TV , device is front of me..
As most of times i found that problems happened when device is in idle mode..
Even also this time only screen goes black, RGB light working fine that time also charging working fine, i checked..
Only thing was the screen is turned off,Suddenly comes back with no widget also don't have app, finally able to restart it then it works..

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ronald1985

View post
Uh, he gives this precision in his very first sentence!!!

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ronald1985

View post
J'ai un gros doute sur la fonction AOD, Alway on Display, elle est active sur ton rog5 ?, si oui, désactive la et test plusieurs jours.
Issue referenced on other threads caused by themes including PUBM trying to change themes.