This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully unlock the key mapping feature without using any accessories on ROG Phone 5s.

jondonai
Star II

I was able to successfully unlock the key mapping feature without using any accessories. Now I can play games with any keyboard and mouse and a generic usb-c hub. 

I also discovered some other interesting things...

Why didn't Asus make a system update for the phone to be already unlocked for everyone?

15 REPLIES 15

denedim şimdi ben oldu ama oyuna giriyorum bu adamdaki gibi aktif olmuyor anlamadım 

coolblaze
Star I

Please can you share how did you unlock key mapping? 

Link https://github.com/xirutchaka/Rog-Phone-5s OBS: Possui a versao do script para Linux e a versão completa para windows, a do windows basta executar o keymap.bat Vocês podem alterar o valor da propriedade nos arquivos keymap.sh para Linux e keymap.bat para windows com valores 2 e 3. Desculpem a

Can you share that keymap.sh script and explain where to run this? 

Hello.

First we need to enable "USB DEBUG" in the phone's developer options.
Now we need to install "ADB" on the computer and then plug the phone into the usb port and trust the device. With adb installed and the device trusted, we can now run the following command:
"adb shell setprop sys.asus.donglestate_GV_PD 2".
The property value can be either 2 or 3. This "identifies" the Asus Dock and tells the system that it is connected. Depending on the phone model, there may be a variation of the property, it can be: "vendor.asus.donglestate_GV_PD" or "sys.asus.donglestate_GV_PD", in my case the second option corresponds to my ROG PHONE 5S phone.
The command needs to be run again in case you shut down or restart your phone.

Contents of my script:
#!/bin/bash
bash -c "adb shell setprop 'sys.asus.donglestate_GV_PD' 2"

My phone has Android 12 and everything works normally.

It doesn't need root or anything like that, it just simulates what would likely happen when plugging in the Professional Dock.

Now you can use your dock or usb-c hub with keyboard and mouse and be happy.

This is also possible to do directly on the phone using "Local ADB" but it is a bit more complicated.

Comment if it worked or not.

Thanks. 😉