Screen Mirroring Problem

tphenfalcon
Star I

Model Name : ROG Phone 5 

Firmware Version: Android 13

Rooted or not: No

Frequency of Occurrence: Multiple times/always

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Display Control

I decided to try wired screen mirroring from the side USB C port after having this phone for almost 3 years, but suddenly Im facing a crash issue everytime I tried wired screen mirroring using HDMI adapter/converter. 

The phone will freeze for a couple seconds then the system will shutdown on it's own and after maybe 15-20 seconds it will turns back on like it has no problem (but it seems the ROG logo animation when booting is slower than normally does). 

Wireless screen mirroring is fine and got no problem so far except it makes the phone runs hot and delay problem between the phone screen and the monitor.

I always use 60hz refresh rate and tried the wired screen mirroring on TV or PC monitor but the result still the same. Factory reset also not helping. I tried this on another non gaming brand phone and it has no problem at all.

Is this hardware issue or anything? 

Anyone facing the same problem?

Please help

(Sorry for my bad english since it's not my main language)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

keren_ASUS

Hi @tphenfalcon 

Please verify whether there are any pending updates on your device, including Google App-related updates. If updates are available, kindly proceed with the update process. Nevertheless, given that you have already performed a hard reset on your device, we recommend reaching out to an authorized service center for further assistance.

For service center information, you can visit:

ASUS Service Center - Indonesia

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

keren_ASUS

Hi @tphenfalcon 

Please verify whether there are any pending updates on your device, including Google App-related updates. If updates are available, kindly proceed with the update process. Nevertheless, given that you have already performed a hard reset on your device, we recommend reaching out to an authorized service center for further assistance.

For service center information, you can visit:

ASUS Service Center - Indonesia

Thank you!

Hi @keren_ASUS 

Thanks for the reply.

All the apps and firmware are up to date even though I did disable some of google apps (Calender, Maps, Gmail). Other than that it's good.

I also chat with asus support and he also recommend to go to service center for assistance. But after further analysis, he also said that the side USB C port is not designed for wired screen mirroring. Only for charging and data transfer. Therefore he doesn't recommend to use side USB C port for wired screen mirroring to avoid other problem that might occured and to do screen mirroring I need a high end dedicated GPU (well that's not what I know about screen mirroring but I could be wrong).

But if what he said is true, then it won't be much help even if I go to service center. After the dead motherboard problem, now I can't do wired screen mirroring. Which is disappointing that this happened on ROG device where it should be the best Asus can give to user.

I will still go to the service center to hear their opinion about this problem.

Anyway, thanks again for replying.