This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG5 Motherboard Replaced are Optimized or Not?

Shivam_G
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS673KS
Firmware Version: LATEST
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My ROG5 Wifi & Hotspot died just after completing warranty period. I have submitted by phone in service center for repairing & they will change the motherboard to fix this issue. "After repairing there won't be any guarantee that this problem will not occur in future, also your device won't be performing well as its used to be", as per your service center.
My question here is that the Motherboard which they will be using is optimized one or it will be the same as old one "manufacturing defected"?
HERE I WANT TO ASK ASUS WHAT IS THE ACTUAL REASON FOR WIFI & HOTSPOT DYING FOR THOUSANDS OF USERS? IS IT THAT YOU ARE USING CHEAP COMPONENTS OR EXPLOITING USERS FOR MONEY?
Even after paying for repairing huge amount for servicing there won't be any guarantee on this device then what's the purpose for repairing it.
26 REPLIES 26

Yes bro. I got my phone today. They repaired it free of cost but there won't be any warranty for the same.

Hi Bro,

I faced the exact same problema and exact same solution you mentioned above. I repaired my phone at F1 Info Solution, Chennai and they told the same to same thing to me. One time they replaced the motherboard as per company policy, with no guarantee further.

If truly you ask me neither I nor to anyone who ever I know, will recommend any Asus product. Earlier I used to be a fan of Asus. Even I still have the Asus ROG TUF gaming laptop. It's all problematic. 

Coming to the topic I just got the phone day before yesterday. So not sure how mire days or month or may be year it will work. I am typing this message on same ROG 5 phone only. 

Hi bro, I am having this problem for past 1 week. I'm from Virudhunagar, Nearest Service Centre for me is Madurai. They told they will eventually send to Chennai for motherboard replacement. I am planning to directly approach F1 Info and Solutions...How about that place? Google has more bad reviews. Any suggestions for me. I have to travel a long distance for it. Can you reach me in my DM bro? @BarbarianKing17 in Instagram. I need a lot of questions. Please respond bro.

Hi Bro, instead of visiting service center of long distance, give your mobile to nearest service center and ask them to replace the motherboard. Let them send wherever they want. Just ask them how much time they need to fix. For you it might take time. For me it took 7days because I am staying at Chennai near by the F1 Info service center.

Just to make sure, they will tell u there is no guarantee even after replacement. but I hope post replacement your mobile will work fine. Now my mobile is working nice, but not sure how more days it will work, I am saying this because I have lost faith in Asus.

I don't use Instagram. If u want u can send ur mobile number to nayakdk23@gmail.com. I will contact you and tell you the whole story and process.

Sent mail bro. Check if you have time.