Rog phone 5s suddenly turned off and not switching on

amoghmkg
Star I
Model Name: Rog Phone 5s
Firmware Version: Unknown
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
My ROG phone 5s suddenly got switched off at 15% battery and I have not been able to power it on since. No amount of charging or pressing the power button seems to work. The phone is just 4 months old. I had to move to a different country post buying the mobile and it does not have international warranty. Not sure what the issue is nor how to fix it. Please check and help.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Power supply circuit dead, a moderator may give you a solution on Monday for a charge under warranty but it does not seem to me to be a problem to send it to a service center in the country of purchase, for the return on the other hand!! ! an acquaintance, of the family who could send it back to you. I did this with my niece when she was in japan for a dead samsung, sent to france from japan, changed her address to mine then sent it back to her.

Farzad0
Star III
@Danishblunt same as me most likely

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Farzad0

@Danishblunt same as me most likely

View post
no need to tag me, there are countless topics like this. It's a common defect on rog5, rog5s and rog6. On Rog2 it took longer, but now the forums on the Rog2 are also filled with dead phones. Take a ride over on the Rog2 section and enjoy the sh**show.

antoniosgrift
Star II
The phone doesn’t turn on (motherboard issue): You know it’s a motherboard failure when the phone is completely dead and doesn’t turn on. For most users, the phone not turning on means they have to replace the motherboard. You can try plugging the phone into a charger and performing a soft reset (press and hold the power button and volume down key until the phone restarts).
The phone doesn’t turn on (external device problem): For some users, the AeroActive fan attachment causes the phone to turn and stay off. In this case, remove the accessory, plug the phone in to charge, and perform a soft reset after 30 minutes to restart the phone.

Hope This Works,
Peter